Sd.Kfz.251/7 Ausführung C & Sd.Ah.52 "Krempel Zug"

Hello Modeling friends.

A project I've been working on over the last 6 weeks. It's in a final stage, where only little details are missing, but of a lot work still has to be done. That might sound familiar. Finish line is near. Build can also be seen on Armorama - Once more unto the breach - Campaign. 

The Sd.Kfz.251/7 and trailer are loaded with goods, are on the move.

Second time I build the Sd.Kfz.251/7 Ausführung C. It's a fun kit and the theme allows a lot of personal input.

Not the first time I build a Bronco Models Kit, but I've become a big fan of them lately.

The Vulcan Motorcycle kits are my most favorite builds of the year. Almost finished is the K800 Zündap, in the works his little brother the K500.

With some TLC it is a potential GEM (I don't know about Lion Roar or GWH yet).

Some pictures taken todayspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Zündapp K800 is not on this series of photos. Decals drying and needs some touch ups.

I marked the areas of damage / rust to be added on the Sd.Kfz.251/7. A little experiment I think that will work (show that later).

The builds will come with a base / diorama /  setting. Plans worked out, but no hurry with that.

Maybe a next episode, otherwise it will be posted in Read for Inspection.

Hope you like it so far.

Happy modeling and have a nice day.

Robert Jan

Edited by Robert Jan Scholte v. Mast
Spelling
  • Like 11

Thanks for the nice words. Tonight I'm trying to finish the Ki00 Zündapp. Front part to connect with the frame. Decals were a little harsh. NOT my fun part of modeling I can say, but it turned out ok. Once finished it will be loaded on the Sd.Ah.52. Also going to change the temporary AFV Club tracks for Modelkasten  K-19.

Already build and painted.

Bye for now,

Robert Jan 

Hello Simon. The Trailer is a Bronco Models Sd.Ah.52 kit. It's an ammo trailer that goes with FLAK 37 I believe. Super quality and detailed little kit. The 251/7 is AFV Club, guess you've noticed that. I took the freedom to thankfully use one of your modeling solutions, leaving off the side storage. I've checked reference for that and found out they were adjustable somewhat loose elements. 

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

The Third brand I mentioned was Vulcan Models. A shop from Hong Kong still has them in stock and for sale for a reasonable price. Think pricing is in-between offerings from Master Box and GWH. They do Zündapp K-500 / K-800 and K-800 with a Steib side car(very special - no one does that).

I read some reviews before I jump into projects like this. PMMS is a good source IMHO, so I gave it a try.

Zündapp K-800spacer.png 

Still need to cut the brake lines to length and add the license plate on the front fender. The saddles have both 2 working springs. The one up front really works. 

spacer.png

For reference of the real bikes I used photos from Fan Club sites and auctions. It has some very delicate detailing like very fine wiring. 

Next step is to weather the model and pack it on the trailer. Therefor the front of the bike is / left / made moveable and I leave it that way.

Decals are somewhat thick, took an hour to fix the speedometer and license plate on the back.

The figure on the photos comes from LZ Models.

More to come later.

Robert Jan

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all. For the Armorama Campaign I took these over the finish line today.

Not Ready for Inspection Yet over here, it will get a base and some further details..

Some shots of todays work.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And another project. Multimedia kit - 5 ton Einheitsanhäneger - from Bold Division.

spacer.png

More on this in the New Year coming.

All You Peoples have a nice time together. See You all in 2020.

Kind regards, 

Robert Jan

Spelling
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

251/7 Ausführung C comes from AFV Club. The trailer is Bronco's Sd.Ah.52 Ammo Trailer for FLAK. Motorcycle comes from Vulcan.

It's a mix of OOB & scratch build.

Thanks for the kind words and looking in, appreciated.

Robert Jan  

Armor has come to a hold recently.

2020 really got of the floor with Revell's  Messerschmitt Bf109-G6 in 1/32 build. All the aftermarket goodies are present. I started with the Magnificent Eduard Big Sin Set for this beautiful bird.

For a Radial Engine Campaign another kit came back on the bench. SWS Noº 5 - Zoukei-Mura J2M3 Raiden 1/32 scale. 

Will open build logs for both on the other side of Modeling Heaven.

It's a fever that comes and goes, those things with wings and engines.....

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

spelling