Question about Hasegawa F-104J bits

Silverkite

Couple of days ago I received a 1/72 F-104G/S box with the extra parts for J and CF version, the J parts also contain four extra bits which are not included on the other three F-104J boxes I own which were released nearly 10 years apart from each-other, their instructions do not mentions existence nor the use/not use nature of said bits.

Kits are SP67 QF-104J - 00364 F-104J and a 2012ish release of a the standard CF-104/F-104J D16 box with lots of flash, but Hasegawa box 00670 shows and marks them as unused parts ( sprue D parts 13-14-15)

10034543z4.jpg

Anyone got an idea of their use?

Luigi

Edited by Silverkite

Hi There Luigi

I have had that kit some years ago the parts D 13,14,15 are the nose sensors for a Dutch Air Force F-104 I have never seen  the kit released in the Uk but could have been released for the European market parts D 10 ,16,17,18 are for the F/CF-104 kit.

Hope This Helps

Kind Regards

Craig

15 hours ago, typhoon1 said:

Hi There Luigi

I have had that kit some years ago the parts D 13,14,15 are the nose sensors for a Dutch Air Force F-104 I have never seen  the kit released in the Uk but could have been released for the European market parts D 10 ,16,17,18 are for the F/CF-104 kit.

Hope This Helps

Kind Regards

Craig

Thanks Craig, looks like they did what they do a couple of years ago for the F-16AM/BM and Diana combo boxes as on the AM sprue tree there are parts for a Belgian AF aicraft yet they still have to release a box with those markings... I guess it will never happen for the F-104 with Dutch AF markings.

My kit is the old Dt-17 AMI/GAF box and I have seen plenty of those but none of them ever contained those parts

Luigi