Hobbyboss or Trimaster Me-262?

Gardner95x

Both are decent kits. The Trimaster is quite fiddly, high parts count, not necessarily the easiest thing to build. This kit is also seen in Dragon and Revell boxes.

The Hobby Boss kit is reputed to be easier, it;s a lot more modern and most of theri stuff fits pretty well.  I would go with the Hobby Boss kit of those two.

There are also other good 1/48 262 kits, notably the Tamiya and the old Monogram kit which is really pretty good.

Have a look here:

And then do a search in the Ready For Inspection section, there are plenty of Hobby Boss builds on there you can look at, and most people seem to get good results with it.

Edited by Work In Progress

I built the Hobby Boss kit and its one of the best I have even built for fit etc. I only used a tiny bit of filler on the engine nacelles, but might have been my fault.

fin1.JPG&key=cd7eeff852d5aaf5a47bd48046b

• Like 4

I'd always thought the Trimaster/Dragon 262 was decent enough until I put it alongside the Hobbyboss kit after the latter was released.

The Hobbyboss is a much easier build, and there are notable differences between the two in respect of the engine vent details. Comparison with photos showed the Hobbyboss is much closer to the real thing,

Cheers,
Bill.

I would go for the Hobby Boss kit. It is a lot easier to build and looks good. The wheels from the trimaster kit is also from rubber, and not my cup of tea.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

3 hours ago, Arniec said:

I would go for the Hobby Boss kit. It is a lot easier to build and looks good. The wheels from the trimaster kit is also from rubber, and not my cup of tea.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Yeah looked other places and saw the Dragon/Trimaster looked difficult to build according to others who tried it

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 1:47 PM, Gardner95x said:

Yeah looked other places and saw the Dragon/Trimaster looked difficult to build according to others who tried it

Possibly one of the understatements of all time! IMHO it's unbelievable how they got the reputation they did, thankfully there are better alternatives nowadays.

I recently did the Dragon A-1/U4 and it was pretty tough, the fit wasnt great (but I'm new to the hobby so I saw that coming) but the worst part was the plastic didnt want to hold under Tamyia extra thin, I have most seems pop at least once, and I gave up fixing them in the end.