'Results obtained.' Avro Anson Mk.1 N9945

I've been following your WIP with interest and am seriously impressed by the end result.  The interior detail is just amazing.  The idea of these two airmen plying their lonely trade is inspirational and I am very keen to build a model of this aircraft as a result of seeing your finished kit although, it's fair to say, mine won't be anything like as good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

I am very keen to build a model of this aircraft as a result of seeing your finished kit

I can't think of higher praise - thanks for your kind words Mr. M! :thumbsup2:

9 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Good lord!  I've had this kit, and I'm mightily impressed.

Thank you sir. I think so many of us must have had this kit at some stage (I first built it as a 10 year old back in the mid 70s).

5 hours ago, russ c said:

Awesome job on that old kit, looks amazing

Decent of you to say so Russ. Thank-you. :thumbsup2:

4 hours ago, woody37 said:

Theres gong to be a void in the WIP section now that it’s finished, it’s been a great journey and stunning result :)

4 hours ago, woody37 said:

Theres gong to be a void in the WIP section now that it’s finished, it’s been a great journey and stunning result :)

I appreciate those words coming from someone of your abilities Neil. :thanks:

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

Great result Tony, good fun working on these old kits isn't it (The word 'fun' of course, is open to interpretation)...I'm sure Hal Bufton's son will be chuffed to bits.

Merci mon General. There is indeed something quite delicious about retrofitting past glories for a longer life.

I'm going to keep the box and instructions on the shelf out of pure nostalgia for 1975: if you hold the box up close to your ear you can actually hear Helen Reddy faintly singing 'Angie Baby'...

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Splendid end result old chap. You've done them proud and given us many hours of entertainment into the bargain.

Have a nice long lie down. Right, that's long enough! Next!

:rofl:

Tough but fair.

That's our Pete!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

That is just fabulous Tony, it was quite a journey & I'm glad to have been along for most of it, thanks for sharing it with us. I guess the rest of the gang should get an honorable mention too, it wouldn't be the same without that crowd of rag tag & bob tail miscreants you seem to attract. :D Bless them all. :) 

Steve.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I was looking for the WIP title thinking he hasn't posted it yet and found it on you WIP. 

I have to say this is an absolutely amazing, stunning, wonderful model of a lovely Aircraft. You have done the real aircraft total justice and I am sure that the brave pilot's son will be chuffed too.

The WIP thread has been entertaining and educational.

Congratulations on your excellent model.

All the best

Chris

• Thanks 1

On 12/13/2019 at 9:54 PM, Navy Bird said:

I love it when a master creates a superb model out of an old "outdated" un-buildable kit. Great job!    👍

Thanks Bill. Despite the allure of more modern toolings, these older kits continue to charm and challenge most satisfyingly.

On 12/13/2019 at 11:03 PM, stevehnz said:

That is just fabulous Tony, it was quite a journey & I'm glad to have been along for most of it, thanks for sharing it with us. I guess the rest of the gang should get an honorable mention too, it wouldn't be the same without that crowd of rag tag & bob tail miscreants you seem to attract.

Kind of you as always Steve.

I'd like to say that I was a bad influence on the chaps but we both know that it's the complete opposite don't we? :laugh:

On 12/14/2019 at 2:29 AM, Spitfire31 said:

Well, that's a jaw dropper if I ever saw one!

And ample proof that to be a true modeller, a sado-masochistic streak is a great asset…

Kind of you Joachim. My thanks to you for that.

And you're right - where's the fun in merely sticking things together when you can spend weeks mangling brute matter into tiny details? 😄

On 12/14/2019 at 1:11 PM, stevej60 said:

Outstanding modelling on every level Tony,superb result.

Damn decent of you to say so Steve. :thanks:

On 12/14/2019 at 3:40 PM, Spookytooth said:

18 months in the making but worth every second sir.

And thanks for your companionship along the way Simon. It wouldn't be half the fun without the circle of friends!

On 12/14/2019 at 4:10 PM, RMCS said:

Lovley 

Thank-you esteemed Yorkshiresussexman! :thumbsup2:

On 12/15/2019 at 9:17 AM, bigbadbadge said:

I have to say this is an absolutely amazing, stunning, wonderful model of a lovely Aircraft. You have done the real aircraft total justice and I am sure that the brave pilot's son will be chuffed too.

The WIP thread has been entertaining and educational.

Congratulations on your excellent model.

You are generous as always Chris. :thanks:

• Like 3

Hello Tony !

Finally ! Here we are !! Fabulous Annie !!

Such a great job you did !! :mike:

a real gem for sure !! Congratulations !!

And a real pleasure to have this journey in such a good friendship !! and so much humor !!

Should I dare to say that this Annie is a wonderbrass... Ok, I'll get out...

Now Sailors's bird !!

Congrats again His Baronship !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

7 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Tony !

Finally ! Here we are !! Fabulous Annie !!

Most kind of you dear fellow. :thumbsup2:

More madness to follow in Vixen territory I hope! 😁

• Haha 1

I’ve been unconscionably slow to add my words of appreciation to the RFI of this epic build Tony.  P’raps because I’ve used up all the superlatives I know on the WIP; or more likely cos I’m a lazy s*d.....

Either way - but continuing in the lazy tradition - I’m gonna adopt Navy Bird’s words - master modeller - outdated, unbuildable kit - superb model; most particularly the latter.

There I think that’s done it? and no new superlatives were abused in the production of this post......

Edited by Fritag
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, kapam said:

Astonishing detail for a 1/72 build!

You are well deserving of all this praise for such an excellent outcome.

Kind of you Mr. K. :thanks:

1 hour ago, Fritag said:

There I think that’s done it? and no new superlatives were abused in the production of this post......

And a decorous and felicitous post it was too! 😁 Many thanks Steve.

39 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

We are banking on that!

Banking on it?

You lot are half the cause of it Terry! 🤦‍♂️:laugh:

She’s a stunner Tony. 18 months has done her (and you) the world of good. Bravo sir. The outdoor shots are beautiful making me want to wait even longer now to do my Hurri RFI in the spring. 🤩 Hope you are having a great Christmas. I’ll pounce on your next thread when it starts. Will you be using kit parts this time? 🤣

All the best.

Johnny.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Late as usual - my excuse is that I was away over the Christmas new year period and have not had much time or energy since.

Wonderful and informative build thread and even more wonderful result. 18 months well spent IMHO.

P

• Thanks 1

I've been hiding for a while,but occasionally I had a look at your wip.

Now it'sallcome to an end and I have to say it's been worth it!!!

The final result is astonishing!!!

You must be proud of her!!!

Well done!!!!:clap:

• Thanks 1