Mecha Head ( bird thing)

Yes Im at it again and your going to need some imagination to see this one as Im in a bit of manic phase at the moment, so I started trimming one of the binders from the HG Kashatria for another Gundam build but the cut down binder looks so much like a face I have decided to try and make a mecha type head/bust out of it. So I needed a mouth and one clamp later and a cut down cloths peg, I have a mouth with teeth and a tong. Working with these parts the rest will come together out if the box of bits and I have the start of some details in the "beak" and using a part of a deodorant can and a Gundam stand as the back of the head and spine.

Feel free to comment along the way with any ideas, 

cheers Brian

IMG-20191212-094554.jpg
IMG-20191212-094444.jpg
IMG-20191212-091555.jpg
IMG-20191212-090216.jpg
IMG-20191212-080158.jpg
IMG-20191212-080126.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 6

Spine parts sorted out and some internal parts, the wire spring ( jugular veins) will also have smaller wire comming out the bottom on them. None of these are glued down yet as I need some eye balls and possibly some smaller internal parts for a brain. 

Cheers for looking 

Brian. 

IMG-20191213-161923.jpg
IMG-20191213-161117.jpg

• Like 2

Cheers for the interest, I really thought I would be the only one that could see anything is this mass of scrap..... 😜

Anyway I think I'm just about done with the underside until I get some eye balls next week. Nothing more glued so plenty of time to change things about as well. 

IMG-20191214-163449.jpg
IMG-20191214-163433.jpg
IMG-20191214-163429.jpg

• Like 3

And the reason i don't glue stuff down for a few days you never know if something better will turn up... ...Swapped out the purple part on the lower beak and cut the purple part down and moved it to the upper/back of the mouth. This should add a subtle change in the mouth when painted the same colour. 

Definitely need to add something to the white band now I think... 

IMG-20191214-191509.jpg

• Like 3

I think I got to a point where I couldn't see that I needed to do any more so put a quick coat of primer down to see what we have.... 

IMG-20191221-093934.jpg

And looking at it now, I think I need to add a few small cables from the spine spikes into the spine stand part. Also the top spike is not on straight. 

I'm thinking I need something coming out the bottom of the esophagus but not sure what. 

And it will be attached to a Bandai action base later. 

• Like 2

On 12/21/2019 at 9:56 AM, rockpopandchips said:

but not sure what. 

Can you melt some clear sprue into drops? Painted clear blue or a yucky green?

In some ways it reminds me of a mecha Dolphin head.

I like it though, whatever it is.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/12/2019 at 04:56, rockpopandchips said:

I'm thinking I need something coming out the bottom of the esophagus but not sure what. 

Is it meant to look like a ripped off robot head?

That's what it looks like to me.

Some kind of hunting trophy or something...

Something dribbling out?

Maybe some tub caulk  tinted with a transparent green?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers for the interest all and after many hours doing Yuk.... DIY I managed to get an hour at the bench so I make a start on painting the birds head. Just gave the underside a black base and a white base for the carapace/skull/bone part. I then added some per shading and then the colour, it's a sort of green/grey with a sapia panel wash. I think it gives it that bone look without being to boney, if you know what I mean.... 

Metals for the underside I think and some gloopy runny yuk.... 

IMG-20200115-142213.jpg

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Gimme Shelter said:

Looks like you've executed Professor Yaffle from Bagpuss and used his head here Brian?

That actually made me laugh out loud, it really does look like him. They always said those old TV shows had subliminal messages in them. 

Z3-Dm-BLA5-400x400.jpg

• Haha 3