i2gz.jpg

2r74.jpg

2ksh.jpg

Very clear resin canopy
pi6o.jpg

I start with the cockpit, adding some details that will finally not be seen

rsbt.jpg

2jkr.jpg

modified left fuselage for opened canopy. The right unmodified to see the difference.
im3s.jpg

Scratchbuilded new instrument panel. The SBS is correct for a C460, not for the C450

iptv.jpg

soon, the painting...

Edited by roadrunner
  • Like 15

What Moa says.

Lovely work already in the cockpit.

Pity you can't get those i/p bezels in 1/72, would save a lot of hassle. Then again, once you close the fuselage, you can't see very much anyway.

Question about the sliding canopy: When it slides back, does it drop down to become flush with the fuselage?

Stuart 

9 hours ago, roadrunner said:

no drop down.

C450 I/P and canopy sliding system. (the same sliding canopy system for all racing Caudron, I/P could be different)

I think that what Stuart is pointing out (I may be wrong) is at the step created by the thickness of the canopy mold, easily solvable sanding carefully just a bit to get a thinner lip, since the sanding won't affect any "clear" areas:

49209314463_0d1b6d2cff_b.jpg

Link to photo of open canopy on Getty Images:

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/picture-taken-in-the-30s-of-french-woman-aviator-helene-boucher-her-picture-id461227930?s=2048x2048

• Like 1

@Moa, the image shows what I'm referring to. That front edge of the sliding canopy shows clearance between the canopy and fuselage. When that canopy slides back, what happens to that clearance? Does it drop down to become flush or is their a lip to make it flush?

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, roadrunner said:

Not for the C714R, more darker, if painted as she is preserved at MAE.

No, not for 714R. It was my future builds of Caudron racers as I hate mixing paints. I would like a 'go to' paint to keep things simple and your choice of TS44 is interesting, it's not too far off what @Bengalensis c.450 & C.561 build?

Stuart

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

No, not for 714R. It was my future builds of Caudron racers as I hate mixing paints. I would like a 'go to' paint to keep things simple and your choice of TS44 is interesting, it's not too far off what @Bengalensis c.450 & C.561 build?

I don't have any can of TS-44 here, but I think it's a bit lighter than the blue I used, but it's only what I think, it's difficult to compare colors on different pictures on a screen. Then again, I really have no idea if my blue is even close to correct. If it looks good to your inner picture than go for it, it's looking nice on this build.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Hi, return of the Caudron C450 to the workshop .....
the decals were applied, but too transparent, I removed everything ...

I found that the representation of the covering of the fuselage sides was too pronounced for a stationary Caudron, I filled everything with sanded Surfacer 500, retouch ... and yesterday, finally, I ironed a layer of decanted TS44 with my airbrush

ot5f.jpg

8gjq.jpg

which corresponds better to what I see in the photos
w4x9.jpg

i9z8.jpg

www9.jpg

And now with décals (SBS give me 2 new decals sheet )

o0pa.jpg

iunn.jpg

oq5h.jpg

• Like 8