LED Lighting

Phew7410

Hey everyone, I've gone mad and decided to build a Bandai Tie Fighter instead of my usual Spitfires, RNZAF WWII and late WWII Luftwaffe, this is normal right? I've been thinking of trying to add a few LED lighting details, does anyone know of a good source of mini LED's, glass fiber wire, and general electrical stuff to do this? Or good priced overseas?

Cheers
Paul

The Stash

• Like 1

The second best place is eBay though you may need to order more than you need of each component.

The best place would be on my webstore where I have a TIE Fighter lighting kit ready to go! 😀  Comes with 3 prewired LEDs for the engines and cockpit, battery holder/switch (for 2xCR2032) and a length of tube to run wires into base.

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

The second best place is eBay though you may need to order more than you need of each component.

The best place would be on my webstore where I have a TIE Fighter lighting kit ready to go! 😀  Comes with 3 prewired LEDs for the engines and cockpit, battery holder/switch (for 2xCR2032) and a length of tube to run wires into base.

Cheers,

Warren

I agree- he has been doing it for years and has a stellar reputation for both quality and service

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Hi Hayden, you're in NZ too I guess? Locally, if you're up for a bit of basic electronics and soldering, I went to my local Jaycar Electronics shop (https://www.jaycar.co.nz/search?sort=price-asc&q=led%3Arelevance%3Acategory%3A2EA#) they were real helpful. You can find resistance calculators for LED's online too (http://ledcalc.com/)

Have fun!