BADDER'S BAD UNS

Badder

Place holder.

I'm not one of those gifted people who can knock out half a dozen masterpieces in a year. I am a moderately good modeller who, by sheer determindness and an ability to do, re-do, re-re-do and re-re-re-do a thing until I'm happy with it, can  just about knock 1 or 2 good models a year, that, aside from all my faffing about with a pair of dioramas which may take another 2yrs to complete!

So, forgive me for the high number of photos to bulk out what would otherwise be a very short yearbook!

First off, my Nashorn, which started life in the PzIII STGB back in late 2018. This was my second attempt at a Nashorn, my first, which having been completed, had the cheek to fall apart in my hands, and fell further apart thereafter having met repeatedly with the kitchen tap under which I had been  rinsing off some bi-carb snow.

Upgraded Tamiya 88mm King Tigrer brass shells and Friulmodel Winterketten tracks, the latter being a joy to put together because they raise the 'beastliness' of the Nashorn by a factor of ten.

Tamiya acrylic 3-colour camo scheme with winter whitewash over the top,  Whitewash, chipping and all other weathering effects were achieved using Daler Rowney Acrylic Inks.

4bbU1WR.jpg

dTn0xcm.jpg

Z0f3m3W.jpg

MBGKmON.jpg

iZPS1uO.jpg

JOepLMU.jpg

gNtd4sc.jpg

lbw9Qvm.jpg##

UvJJAYh.jpg

Z9nLwqH.jpg

DBYKJNc.jpg

avhzNBI.jpg

YBQ6eEf.jpg

O7hgYsy.jpg

Next, Tamiya's classic Tiger I early. (fruhe) which I decided to open up to display a scratch-built HL210 Mayback engine. Upgraded further with Friulmodel tracks. I can't imagine building tracked vehicles with anything other than Friul's now. Battle damage.

bPHWajg.jpg

Jul7QOc.jpg

3PcQjKQ.jpg

oS19ZJ4.jpg

ySnZorO.jpg

XoczUvb.jpg

NA9SUE5.jpg

XGebvPx.jpg

Ft0wy9l.jpg

XGebvPx.jpg

sLMukFb.jpg

I55KRyR.jpg

TXR094F.jpg

9bBuuJd.jpg

FBpKZHZ.jpg

2lemaEd.jpg

1mTXS1Y.jpg

tJ0MxP8.jpg

Y32vBfB.jpg

yePiltu.jpg

sJ4t1jZ.jpg

And finally, some work on my dioramas, with improvements to the building in my Ever Evolvin' Dio, including a repaint of the whitewashed rear wall, and the addition of carefully selected specimens of REAL moss to represent plants, and the replacement of the entire rear wall of the building in my Pit Stop diorama.

yQxZflh.jpg

KrlGl38.jpg

q9UK9Po.jpg

06OkEO0.jpg

And the rear wall, BEFORE:

47HUCIq.jpg

And AFTER:

6YpdY6F.jpg

F35pw5W.jpg

8wGMACZ.jpg

PIT STOP DIORAMA.

Here are two thirds of the rear wall, consisting of a type of foamboard, left, and plaster cast walls to the right. I wasn't happy with any of that so replaced the entire length with the FTINFBISS (Foamboard that is not Foamboard but is something similar)

d9S0Nc1.jpg

Here is the replacement single-piece wall made from FTINFBISS after the mortar gaps have been impressed into the board.

yFoRNXr.jpg

PteLix8.jpg

And at the mid-stage of painting and weathering:

v37saWM.jpg

And after further work.

0IPSGTM.jpg

rdvB2JQ.jpg

5Sk2FkX.jpg

THIS POST IS STILL IN THE PROCESS OF BEING EDITED, BUT ANY COMMENTS, CRITICISMS, QUESTIONS ETC ARE MOST WELCOME.

TFL

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, Graeme H said:

Not sure if there are supposed to be photos there, if so I can't see them

Sorry just now saw it's only a placeholder, my bad

in the words of Robert Robinson, ''Ah patience Mrs Jones. Patience!' The photos are up now Graeme.

Rearguards,

Badder

Excellent work Badder - very inspiring - it goes to show that a patient approach yields 'masterpiece' results.

Merry Christmas & I look forward to seeing more stuff in 2020 - Steve

• Thanks 1

Hi Badder. Hope you are keeping well. Well what can I say? Once again your creative modelling techniques in 2019 have taken everything you do from just being completed models, or just scenes in progress, to actual genuine masterpieces. I know you have a creative style that leaves us on a cliffhanger at the end of most of your posts - will it survive into the next post? ......etc. - it's a bit of a nail-biter at times - but, more often than not, the perilous state something appeared to be in is resolved into a piece of art!

Looking forward to see what you do in 2020.....if my nerves can take it!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Kind regards,

Stix

14 hours ago, BIG X said:

Excellent work Badder - very inspiring - it goes to show that a patient approach yields 'masterpiece' results.

Merry Christmas & I look forward to seeing more stuff in 2020 - Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your support/encouragement and kind comments and for the laughs.  I wish you and yours a fantastic Christmas and new year as well. 

Badder

11 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Badder. Hope you are keeping well. Well what can I say? Once again your creative modelling techniques in 2019 have taken everything you do from just being completed models, or just scenes in progress, to actual genuine masterpieces. I know you have a creative style that leaves us on a cliffhanger at the end of most of your posts - will it survive into the next post? ......etc. - it's a bit of a nail-biter at times - but, more often than not, the perilous state something appeared to be in is resolved into a piece of art!

Looking forward to see what you do in 2020.....if my nerves can take it!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

I have been better, but I'm not as bad as I was ,thanks for asking. 😀

I'm sorry you find my WIPs so stressful. It's not intentional. You know my style/methodology now, so you will be aware that the Nashorn, Tiger and indeed the 'long forgotten' Sherman are not actually finished! All will get mud. snow, leaves and dead grass added to the tracks, and the Tiger and possibly the Nashorn will get more whitewash as well. But rest assured they will all end up better than they are at the moment. Meanwhile, I am cracking on with my Pit Stop dio, so hopefully they will all have a home by the end of the year.

Wishing you and Mrs Stix a jolly festive season.

Badder

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Top job Badder, I was getting a chill towards the top of the page. Merry Christmas to you and Mrs Badder.

Thanks Clive,

And the same to you and yours. Hopefully I'll be at Bovington in the next week or two. Any particular photos you want?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Badder said:

Thanks Clive,

And the same to you and yours. Hopefully I'll be at Bovington in the next week or two. Any particular photos you want?

Rearguards,

Badder

I’m good for pictures thanks Badder, I do a fair few model shows down there throughout the year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...