BIG X - My 2019 Build Collection

BIG X

As the festive season fast approaches - it's time to take stock of my output for the year.  It's been a 'slack' year for me & I do intend to improve for 2020.

The year started with a big spray can of Rustoleum Bronze paint and a load of 1/72 aircraft that were building up in the cupboard.  So may I present 2 of each - 1 on the ground and 1 in flight...

2 Airfix 1/72 Spitfire MK1's

1-Bronze-Spitfires.jpg

2 Airfix 1/72 Hurricane MK1's

2-Bronze-Hurricanes.jpg

2 Airfix 1/72 Defiants

4-Bronze-Defiants.jpg

2 Airfix 1/72 Bf109E's

3-Bronze-109s.jpg

So the year started with 8 very fast builds - which helped to slim the stash - but it's not 'real' modelling.  Next came the May Blitzbuild and I'm always up for a bit of fun with a less than perfect kit that might never see the light of day - unless finished in record time.  So may I present the...

Armourfast 1/72 Jagdpanther

4a-Armourfast-Jagdpanther-1.jpg

4a-Armourfast-Jagdpanther-2.jpg

I was actually quite pleased with this and it got me in the mood for the Panzer IV STGB - where I went a bit nuts - with this lot...

2 PSC 1/72 Panzer IV's

5-PSC-Panzer-IV-1.jpg

5-PSC-Panzer-IV-2.jpg

2 Armourfast 1/72 Panzer IV's

6-Armourfast-Panzer-IV-1.jpg

6-Armourfast-Panzer-IV-2.jpg

1 Italeri 1/72 Panzer IV

7-Italeri-Panzer-IV-1.jpg

7-Italeri-Panzer-IV-2.jpg

1 Revell 1/72 Panzer IV

8-Revell-Panzer-IV-1.jpg

8-Revell-Panzer-IV-2.jpg

The August Blizbuild saw my trusty old computer die on me and nipping out to buy a new one left me little time to participate - but I did knock up this in super quick time...

Hasegawa 1/72 Humber Armoured Car

9-Hasegawa-Humber-2.jpg

9-Hasegawa-Humber-1.jpg

At this point I made a DRAMATIC turn - by attempting my first ever 1/35 kit in the Tiger STGB - it was a lot of fun...

Tamiya 1/35 King Tiger

10-Tamiya-King-Tiger-1.jpg

10-Tamiya-King-Tiger-2.jpg

10-Tamiya-King-Tiger-3.jpg

Happy Christmas Everyone / Happy 2020 for when it come - but most importantly Happy Modelling Folks!!!

Steve

• Like 26

• BIG X changed the title to BIG X - My 2019 Build Collection

That's a superb output Steve with a nice mix of aviation and military subjects, all produced to the usual high standard. The year isn't over yet, so there is still time to squeeze in that Opel Blitz. :winkgrin: Well done mate, I look forward to seeing more in 2020.

• Thanks 1

Hi Steve,

Congrats on a great little collection of corkers, and even more congrats on the gigantic King Tiger. Many of us said your skills with 1/72nd would see you well for 1/35th and we weren't wrong. The KT is to my mind the cherry on the cake. But I do like your 'bronzes' a lot as well. I've not seen them before.

Rearguards,

Badder

ps I miss Carol Vorderman.

• Thanks 1

Hi Steve,

As Badder said - absolutely fantastic collection for the year - and your 1/72nd skills certainly transfered beautifully to 1/35 for your KT. Looking forward to seeing more of your modelling skills in 2020!

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stevej60 said:

A great collection Steve,I love the idea of the Bronzed kits I must have a try of that!

What Stevej60 said. Even if they are 'just get them done out of the stash and on the shelf' those bronze kits are superb. They put me immediately in mind of the wartime 'aircraft recognition' illustrations. Love 'em! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 15:10, nimrod54 said:

That's a superb output Steve with a nice mix of aviation and military subjects, all produced to the usual high standard. The year isn't over yet, so there is still time to squeeze in that Opel Blitz. :winkgrin: Well done mate, I look forward to seeing more in 2020.

Thanks John - The Opel Blitz seems to have taken ab it of a back seat - I must get it finished soon.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 00:18, Badder said:

Hi Steve,

Congrats on a great little collection of corkers, and even more congrats on the gigantic King Tiger. Many of us said your skills with 1/72nd would see you well for 1/35th and we weren't wrong. The KT is to my mind the cherry on the cake. But I do like your 'bronzes' a lot as well. I've not seen them before.

Rearguards,

Badder

ps I miss Carol Vorderman.

Hey Badder - I miss Carol too - but a change is as good as a rest.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:28, PlaStix said:

Hi Steve,

As Badder said - absolutely fantastic collection for the year - and your 1/72nd skills certainly transfered beautifully to 1/35 for your KT. Looking forward to seeing more of your modelling skills in 2020!

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix - I'm aiming for a few more 1/35 this year - variety is the spice of life as they say.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:34, Lawzer said:

That's you *not* being busy?! 😁

Some real crackers in there mate! 👌

Christmas 'crackers' Ian - BTW - have you seen my mini Stuka Christmas ornament...

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 19:44, Ozzy said:

Nice productive year Steve, merry Christmas 

Thanks Ozzy - here's to 2020.

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:41, stevej60 said:

A great collection Steve,I love the idea of the Bronzed kits I must have a try of that!

Hey Steve - it works for anything you might want to get off the bench - if in doubt - spray it bronze :lol:

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 21:51, Newbie(kinda) said:

What Stevej60 said. Even if they are 'just get them done out of the stash and on the shelf' those bronze kits are superb. They put me immediately in mind of the wartime 'aircraft recognition' illustrations. Love 'em! 

Hi Andrew - Thanks for the encouragement mate.

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:08, GREG DESTEC said:

Brilliant models mate 👍

Cheers Greg

Cheers Greg - I hope to do better in 2020 - I'm even going to try a chopper next year - should be fun :whistle:

• Like 2