Lou iv inc" blue"

Hewy

21 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Lovely set of stripes. 

Thanks H, a nose job today, (inc overspay )and the end of the silver work, a little mistake  to rectify on the anti glare panel , i should have done it in od

OwviNgJ.jpg

And a few bits to modify  down under

PMfQfHm.jpg

• Like 12

Thanks @almac, @Cookenbacher,   @Ratch,  the stripes did  wrap under on some,  they may have worn off on others , some have no sign they  were even there,

It looks like lou's are worn off or were never there, also one of the white segments of the gear doors  looks to have worn off or was missed, and the white stripes directly to the side of the drop tanks look to be back to bare metal in places i only have an over exposed colour colour photo of lou from beneath, but  theres a nice black and white one around that show that much better, thanks again all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've  scanned the revell paint instructions to 200%, for anyone's future reference, it is an exact match for 1/32 ,  all the panel lines match ,which i have cut out  using a knife i got with a swivelling blade , to use as masks for the painting,

I really must get me one of those  die cutting machines, cheers all

Ngd5AjJ.jpg

• Like 2

Oops, my mistake - I meant on upper cowling when I wrote antiglare - I thought whole upper cowling should be OD instead of yellow, so please take my appologies and ignore that above comment of mine. 😳

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, srkirad said:

OD instead of yellow, so please take my appologies and ignore that above comment of mine. 😳

S , no probs , it was  od right down to the prop,  before the  yellow nose was painted on 👍 one side started , the darkest olive drab in my arsenal 

5Vw9TNM.jpg

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 7

Hey - looks good. I'm very satisfied with your decision (maybe even a little darker?). Don't forget that there was an overpainted white (?) recognition stripe on top of the tailplane.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Toryu said:

Hey - looks good. I'm very satisfied with your decision (maybe even a little darker?). Don't forget that there was an overpainted white (?) recognition stripe on top of the tailplane.

Yes a white stripe overpainted ,i belive , But I've  not applied any blue yet 😁😁

Just thinking out loud

31Un6LE.jpg

Edited by Hewy

Last bit of work on this for a few days , this is where it currently stands,just a couple of touch ups to do  , I'm happy so far, where it go's from here colour wise i dont know, I'm going to ponder and do a bit more research, 

Cheers all

wz58jlm.jpg

1brzsus.jpg

• Like 6

Bear with me ,some will enjoy this,

While messing about with converting an image of the currently painted model first of all the normal picture taken in my light box,all lights in my modelling room are d65

gGi7jhE.jpg

Second  same picture converted to black and white, no hocus pocus

iMIFmIx.jpg

Next a simple app downloaded to recolour black and white images, and the same picture again

PtwVetW.jpg

What colour does the fuselage spine look?  If the dday stripe covering was a lighter raf green would the blue look a little lighter?

Same image as number 3 but lightened , is there a hint of blue in there or is it my screen, unfortunately I'm  not clever enough to bring the yellow nose back😋

GsWz6el.jpg

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Hewy said:

What colour does the fuselage spine look?  If the dday stripe covering was a lighter raf green would the blue look a little lighter?

Same image as number 3 but lightened , is there a hint of blue in there or is it my screen, unfortunately I'm  not clever enough to bring the yellow nose back😋

Ok I'm on an iPhone and the invasion stripes get a very dark blue on the fringes near the green. The Green turns black to my eyes. HTH

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Courageous said:

That top scheme very unique but it's doing my head in :hypnotised:

I can't  really belive they'd paint it blue in all honesty either, looks horrid for a start doesn't it🙄

• Like 1

It looks very special Glynn! On colour pictures the overpaint still appears somehow greyish in my perception. That's why I take it as either some kind of green that mixed with the soluble invasion stripes or RAF top side grey (to get a grey/green pattern like in the 56th FG) or simply faded OD. But all this is my personal interpretation.

I guess there will never be a consensus and as many different schemes as there are models.

• Thanks 1