Lou iv inc" blue"

Hewy

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

Have you tried changing the last photo to black and white to see what the tonal variation looks like?

Not yet, but i will 

2 hours ago, Toryu said:

overpaint still appears somehow greyish in my perception. That's why I take it as either some

I'm  coming around  to your theory Michael , but I've  made my bed now🙄

6 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

variation looks like?

Short answer john "horrible"  there's still plenty of time left in the gb ,and I'm  going to abandon the blue idea🤫, a couple of pictures before the changes will be made

While the theory and some evidence is in part convincing, i just cant bring myself finish it off like this, your suggestion of a greyscale picture throws up even more doubt for me , so i bid this version farewell

DkDMiH4.jpg

When the below picture is compared to  the next one down i dont believe it can be blue over the invasion stripes on the wing, something needs changing

GfeIgQs.jpg

5tuitRr.jpg

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 5

The contrast in B&W definitely looks too much.

Before the ‘ blue ‘ question raised it’s head again I had thought that perhaps it was faded olive drab with the stripes overpainted with fresh RAF Dark Green.

Good luck with the next incarnation.

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just caught up Glynn sorry this ones stalled but she's too good to abandon,my ten penneth worth OD with painted out stripes in RAF green I've read

and re-read all the arguments for and against blue but the fact that ground crew interviewed albeit many years later denied this gives me doubts,some

argue that time clouds the mind but I can remember painting Airfix's Superfortress brick red matt back in 1968:winkgrin:

• Thanks 1

Shame about this outcome 😔 I've got mixed feelings about this one...On one hand, sorry to see you change direction after all the to-ing and fro-ing debate on subject. On the other hand, still amazed that anyone would have let their crew chief paint the real aeroplanes that colour 😉

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Just caught up Glynn sorry this ones stalled but she's too good to abandon,my ten penneth worth OD with painted out stripes in RAF green I've read

and re-read all the arguments for and against blue but the fact that ground crew interviewed albeit many years later denied this gives me doubts,some

argue that time clouds the mind but I can remember painting Airfix's Superfortress brick red matt back in 1968:winkgrin:

16 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Shame about this outcome 😔 I've got mixed feelings about this one...On one hand, sorry to see you change direction after all the to-ing and fro-ing debate on subject. On the other hand, still amazed that anyone would have let their crew chief paint the real aeroplanes that colour 😉

It hasn't stalled fellas, and lou will still have a dash of blue, true to the title, but i shall move forward in the greyscale

First a picture of lou iv before the yellow nose and after the d-day stripes had been over painted and removed (my opinion) 

And my repainted wings ,the spine is in progress,as you can see from the greyscale pictures it now represents the historical photo a bit more 

Bottom right hand corner of the picture shows a tiny bit of the white invasion stripe, which corresponds whith the number 2

4wwx0ku.jpg

My repaint

xKKYKCq.jpg

Spine still to repaint,but the wings i feel are close,a bit of weathering and...🤞

5tuitRr.jpg

iqz6Eai.jpg

• Like 12

You certainly seem to be getting there. Have you thought of leaving the pictures in B&W?

Your first ‘photo is very interesting. Apart from the spots ( probably on the negative/slide ) it shows the amount of exhaust stain and weathering that wartime aircraft collected.

John

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

thought of leaving the pictures in B&W?

Avoid controversy that would john🤣

15 hours ago, stevej60 said:

maybe she was black not blue

Funny that steve ,It is a theory I've  read about  ,the wing root camo being black,but i dont know 👍thanks fellas

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Looks out of this world Glynn. Amazing job!!

Most kind paul , cheers pal

19 hours ago, Andwil said:

That looks spot on!

AW

thanks , I've  finished the decals today, and thumbs up for revell they've gone on really well,i shall seal them in tommorow before tinkering with some weathering,

Oh yes, tanks and prop to be finished first

Sorry Glynn! I managed to miss this one altogether! That is looking, very, very impressive!! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

PS - your cockpit is one of the best I have seen!! :wow:

Edited by PlaStix
  • Thanks 1