Properjob56

Properjob56

Hello everybody. I've been an a/c modeller since the '60's when Dad took me to Woolworths and bought an Airfix Swordfish and Me.110. The magic of turning the box contents into an accurate depiction of the real thing (at age 8) has never left me. I ,in due course, discovered paint and wow, just wow...

Uni and career, children and mortgages then intervened but now retired I'm back on board ready to make up for lost time! 

I've been a lurker for many years and have been awed by the standards on display and the advise given so many. thanks to one and all.

Have now acquired my man shed and can make a start on the literally hundreds of kits in the pile. My efforts are standard amateur I'm afraid so the finished kits would not last a minute in a competition but I enjoy making them (tho see later) and so what the hell.

In due course I hope to participate a bit more actively with WIP and RFI articles but give me time to get that together with cameras, backgrounds et al. 

So why put my head above the parapet now? Well, I've just been stopped in my tracks by what I consider to be an unbuildable kit for the first time that I can remember and I need to rant!!! So apologies in advance and hopefully I'll be in a better and more constructive mode next time I log on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Properjob56 said:

but I enjoy making them

Gidday, welcome aboard. Your comment above applies to me also. My talents are pretty average, as you seem to think yours are. But I try to improve just a little with each model, not bound ahead in quantum leaps. There are plenty here with a trick or two up their sleeves that they are all too willing to pass on to newbies like us, so if you ask and learn I think you'll surprise yourself. But you appear to know the most important philosophy already - enjoy yourself! As for your unbuildable kit, ask questions. Somebody here may have already solved the unsolvable. And ranting, you'll fit right in here. 😁 Regards, Jeff.

Hello Properjob56 and welcome to us :bye: !
The advantage of our hobby is that there are no ages!
I'm happy to see people like you taking over the model.
It's also true that models are becoming more and more elaborate.
The techniques of painting and aging ditto.

as they say at home "The world did not become one day " :rofl::rofl:!

The main thing is to make pleasure above all and be happy with the work you have done on your model. :thumbsup: .

I wish you good editing in the future and a lot of fun 🍻

18 hours ago, Properjob56 said:

My efforts are standard amateur I'm afraid so the finished kits would not last a minute in a competition but I enjoy making them

Hello Properjob...:post1: from Chicago. Standard amateur or not isn't important, what is is important is to build for yourself and no one else. If you try to build to what you think others expect you will only be disappointed. If I can help or anyone else can just ask were all friendly here. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle