This is my first completion in almost two years; a 1/200 China Airlines Hasegawa 747-400 for a friend at work who has started a collection. He wanted a ready built one (like the MD-11 and 767 in the background) but couldn't find one, so I volunteered to build it for him.

Sx33h0wu_o.jpg

I couldn't find any transfers for a China Airlines 747 so used some made for an MD-11 for the lettering and masked the stripes and markings myself.

The windows have been filled with crystal clear and maybe a shade or two have been closed by sleepy passengers using plasticard glued from the inside.

I96AVBa8_o.jpg

I think it'll be happy with its new friends - jumbos, they grow up so fast.

iGXY4cpr_o.jpg

• Like 40

Just like that, out of nowhere???? :frantic:

:D It's great to see you back with a completed model, Cookie! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And what an excellent job!! :worthy: 

So, what's next? Will you be posting a WIP? :D :wink: 

Ciao

• Thanks 1

Excellent result there Cookie! The three look really great together.

I've been asked to do a build for someone else also, and it focuses your mind I think, even though my one is not my usual scale.

Well done

Terry

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2019 at 8:22 PM, Graeme H said:

What a great finish, your Coroguard looks very realistic :yahoo:

Thanks Graeme, I'm pretty sure I used Tamiya titanium sprayed directly on the (still too dark) light grey.

21 hours ago, giemme said:

Just like that, out of nowhere???? :frantic:

:D It's great to see you back with a completed model, Cookie! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And what an excellent job!! :worthy: 

So, what's next? Will you be posting a WIP? :D :wink:

Thanks Giorgio!

There is a new WIP on the way here in the Mustang STGB.

19 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Excellent result there Cookie! The three look really great together.

I've been asked to do a build for someone else also, and it focuses your mind I think, even though my one is not my usual scale.

Thanks Terry, same here, this was my first non-1/72 build since returning to the hobby, and my first airliner. It's amazing how much different the required techniques are!

19 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

A nice collection of classics, hard to say that now.

It's true, it doesn't seem that long ago that the -400, MD-11 and 767 were state of the art, and now they're retired/retiring.

16 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Beautifully finished (all three)!

Thanks Steve! (Although I can only take credit for the 747)

7 hours ago, RMCS said:

Superb 

Thanks RMCS!

6 hours ago, JasonC said:

Lovely build Cookie. Your friend must be chuffed to have that added to his collection.

Thank you Jason, he was really happy, so it was fun to see someone else at work overly obsessed with an aeroplane model. He has to leave his collection in his office as it turned out not to be a popular choice for home decor.

• Haha 2

On 11/12/2019 at 05:12, Cookenbacher said:

...He has to leave his collection in his office as it turned out not to be a popular choice for home decor.

I'm feeling that pain.

P.S.

Great 747.

Edited by Abandoned Project
  • Haha 1

Oh yes, very nice and just up my street - a 1/200 747 (my all time favourite kit out of Japan.) Your livery is superb - well done - she looks nice and clean too which is a nice change, a perfect display piece. I have not read the comments above but I am pretty sure I have seen decals for AC on the web and most certainly in the big box of decals that Tony has hidden over at Aviation Hobby in West Drayton - but that is a long way from Mexico!

Great work on your other 1/200 Loveliners too - superb models and great space savers

• Like 1