Mustang Mk. III 'Malcolm Hood'

Courageous

Major mishap this evening...

20200131-220339-1.jpg

...nearly a whole tin of Colourcoats dark green enamel paint splatted over the carpet, SWMBO will not be pleased as the carpet is only 3 years. I must hasten to add, the carpet wasn't my choice, I inherited the room with the carpet when I moved out the shed.

Anyways, modelling goes on.

20200131-220352-1.jpg

Colourcoats enamel Ocean grey and dark green paints on. Tamiya black for the stripes. The black needs smoothing out a bit as it went down a bit dry for some reason. Let all that dry overnight with hopefully a pre-decal gloss coat going on tomorrow.

Stuart

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Courageous said:

...nearly a whole tin of Colourcoats dark green enamel paint splatted over the carpet, SWMBO will not be pleased as the carpet is only 3 years.

Ouch!
Time to invest in an el-cheapo cover?

To tame the carpet monster, I've put a floor protector from IKEA beneath my workbench. Suitably stained with Tamiya XF-1, and nothing on the flooring :P

Edited by alt-92
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Courageous said:

nearly a whole tin of Colourcoats dark green enamel paint splatted over the carpet,

I did that a while back with a full pot of Tamiya XF1 Black. Got most out but can still see the evidence.

I hope the mishap doesn’t leed to too much strife!

But as you say, ‘the modelling goes on’. Looks very good. Your invasion stripes look fine (I say this   A bit ruefully as I’ve just noticed mine are a tad wide, or too far out on the wings on Old Crow. Too late now!’)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Major mishap this evening...

20200131-220339-1.jpg

...nearly a whole tin of Colourcoats dark green enamel paint splatted over the carpet, SWMBO will not be pleased as the carpet is only 3 years. I must hasten to add, the carpet wasn't my choice, I inherited the room with the carpet when I moved out the shed..

Oh :poop:!

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Courageous said:

...nearly a whole tin of Colourcoats dark green enamel paint splatted over the carpet, SWMBO will not be pleased as the carpet is only 3 years. I must hasten to add, the carpet wasn't my choice, I inherited the room with the carpet when I moved out the shed.

Oh bugger, Stuart! A waste of such great paint! ;). Great progress, though. She is starting to look really very good. 

Martin

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Great progress Stuart I always like the look of the Malcolm hood on the Mustang,superb paintwork too.(is SWMBO speaking to you yet?)

By way of moral support I took the Vax to our carpets this weekend at the direction of Mrs RR and found a few spots here and there that only white spirit would remove! Er, I wonder they were? ;)

Martin

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/31/2020 at 10:44 PM, alt-92 said:

Time to invest in an el-cheapo cover?

Nah, sooner spend my money on modelling.

On 1/31/2020 at 10:48 PM, Andwil said:

The like is for the model, which is great, not the paint spill!

Cheers for the model 'like' :rofl:

On 1/31/2020 at 11:06 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ohh.... My condolences, 

Thanks but no need. No good crying over spilt milk paint.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:16 PM, Johnson said:

I hope the mishap doesn’t leed to too much strife!

No strife Chalie. My hole, my mess, I pay...when i want a new floor.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:19 PM, dogsbody said:

Oh :poop:!

Yeah but ho-hum, occupational hazard.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:37 PM, RidgeRunner said:

A waste of such great paint!

Exactly. Fortunately, I had enough for this build and hopefully next. Better prepare for a Colourcoats order.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:51 PM, almac said:

Looks good with the invasion stripes. Nice work. 

Thanks Allan, it's getting there.

On 2/1/2020 at 2:26 AM, stevehnz said:

The Mustang is looking brilliant

On 2/1/2020 at 8:44 PM, Hewy said:

Impressive camo and stripes

11 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Great progress

Cheers guys. Those stripes do set it off some what.

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

Vax to our carpets

Thanks for the encouragement but I would be Vaxing for ages. As long as I don't drop anything on the floor, I don't see it :rofl:

Let's get back to proper stuff...

20200203-222936-1.jpg

Decals on and settling nicely. Mustn't forget those bloody nav lights i sanded off.

Stuart

• Like 15

And here we are...

IMG-8627.jpg

Exhausts in. Sticky-outy bits on; undercarriage, wheels, doors, pitot, prop, canopy and the whip aerial. Their are bits I could've done better, always room for improvement.

#1 in the GB is now done.

Thanks for tagging along guys.

Stuart

• Like 13

Hey, that's a great result. I like this kind of overload of colours. Looking at fine models like yours I start believing that RAF Mustangs can look colourful.

• Thanks 1