Monogram 1/72 Boeing B-52D Stratofortress

hsr

This is another of my older builds. It is the Monogram B-52D Stratofortress. Affectionately know to its crews as the BUFF for Big Ugly Fat ah... Fellow. I used the Almark decal set which I was not altogether happy with. They tended to curl around the edges and silvered. Other then that it is pretty much OOB. I apologize for the quality of the pictures, it is a dark dreary day in the NE US and the model is very big and dark so it is hard to get  pictures with the whole model in focus and lighted hence the graininess of the pictures. 

u7T61Yvu_o.jpg

oD9qAYtt_o.jpg

iOxakaaF_o.jpg

bNCHamuy_o.jpg

X7fQO7wD_o.jpg

iFt5PnGF_o.jpg

Early next year I will be building the Modelcollect B-52H

Enjoy

• Like 32

On 12/9/2019 at 11:40 AM, Vince1159 said:

Beautiful job,she's a monster..I've got a couple of Corgi's 1/144 and they're still boxed because i haven't the room to display them....

I made some 2'x2' shelves and hung it from the wall

VyTV4o0m_o.jpg

Thanks 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, hsr said:

I made some 2'x2' shelves and hung it from the wall

resized_03f14b48-0123-44aa-84f2-fc696eb5

Thanks 

Gotta do something similar for Mil Mi-26, Mi-6 and if I go with my SWMBO's suggestion, a Mi-10K when I get the courage. Cool collection of bombers.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

If only i could pick one of these up in 144 scale without having to rob a bank or sell a kidney!

Well you do have 2 kidneys 🤣

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, kapam said:

Will look forward to your Modelcollect build - presumably a much better-looking kit

I hope so, although I don't remember any major issues with the Monogram, I have not seen any builds of the Modelcollect and the Fins Scale Modeler review was not positive. We will see next month. 🤞