Tamiya Starcard porsche911 GT2 1/24

Well that doesn't look bad at all, especially with all those decals. Nice classic Porsche. Too bad the antenna looks out of scale but I'm assuming that one's on the kit. Maybe you could still replace it with something thinner?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Well that doesn't look bad at all, especially with all those decals. Nice classic Porsche. Too bad the antenna looks out of scale but I'm assuming that one's on the kit. Maybe you could still replace it with something thinner?  

yea that was my first attempt at heating up a part of a sprue - and stretching it out - might have to re-do that again

Ah ok, well in your defence, I've given up on "sprue stretching", apparently it's not for me, I can never get it right 🙂 ... Maybe you could use some thin (brass) wire, something like .2 mm, it will do the job nicely I think.

• Like 1

Very nicely done the decals on this kit are a challenge and yours look great. I agree with removing the antenna for something else other than that good job !

Regards Andy 

• Like 1

Looks good, you're definitely moving forwards.

A couple of ideas if I may - to add to the aerial suggestions can I add some very thin fishing line, although it may curve a bit. Also, I did notice some fingerprints in a couple of the photos which can be the bane of any car modeller's life - some cheap cotton gloves worn after finishing polishing will stop that,

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Ah ok, well in your defence, I've given up on "sprue stretching", apparently it's not for me, I can never get it right 🙂 ... Maybe you could use some thin (brass) wire, something like .2 mm, it will do the job nicely I think.

practise practise practice, 

it’s not like they don’t supply enough spare 😂

@andmarsh great work on the model and all those decals. I would be more than happy to have it say on my lounge shelf 👍🏼

As you say, each model built is better than the last with something new to learn all the time.  

good luck with the next build

Coops

• Like 1

Very nice :) particularly good job on the wheels

Has the body clipped on to the chassis properly though as you seem to have one rear wheel outboard of the wing and one inboard 🤔

I agree with gloves after polishing though, I use the cheap disposable nitrile ones mechanics wear

I'm another one in the club that has never been able to stretch sprue though, just use a bit of wire now, much easier

Ian :) 

• Like 2