1:32 Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero - Zeke (60309)

So, it's been quite a while since I posted anything..........life and stuff gets in the way. But got some bench time in my shed over the past few weeks and managed to knock this out. 

No major issues with this, typical Tamiya fit, very little filler needed.

Tried for a 'beaten' look as I have seen many others portrayed in this fashion............not sure how successful I have been, but looks "OK" to my eyes. Tried with a small piece of sponge, not brave enough to try the hairspray way (never tried it and was happy with my build and didn't want to mess it up with a poor attempt with hairspray as never tried before).

Comments / critique / suggestions warmly welcomed as they will only help me to progress in this hobby.

Enjoy:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 12

I like this Zero a lot. Great detail overall and fine choice of camouflage colours. For me the chipping is a bit overdone for an operational IJN fighter. But while I keep saying this I acknowledge that most post-war photos suggest a strong degradation.

fine choice of camouflage colours

Paints were rattle-can Tamiya, claors as per instructions callout.

For me the chipping is a bit overdone for an operational IJN fighter.

Never tried chipping before, as I mentioned not brave enough to try hairspray method so just went with a small piece of sponge. Online photos showed some seriously worn out Zero's so I'm happy enough with my first attempt.