Oshkosh M911 C-HET

5 minutes ago, BlueNosers352nd said:

Well............I'm just gonna go gather all my modeling stuff up in a pile on the lawn and light a match.  I give up!  Brilliant!

Send it over to me, I’ll make sure it all burns nice and proper mate, for you, just this once I’ll do it for free ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic as usual andy. Amazing work. Love the punisher logo. I did one on a bradley. Nice little challenge getting it right. Nowhere near as neat as yours though. Look forward to seeing what you offer in 2020. Happy new year.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Red Five said:

Love the punisher logo. I did one on a bradley. Nice little challenge getting it right. Nowhere near as neat as yours though.

Cheers Simon. Yes, I remember your Bradley. I liked the way you did the negative, masked-off version of the logo. I thought about doing the same with this at first. This one is actually a decal, so no skill on my part.

Andy:cat:

• Thanks 1

Hi Andy,

Just to let you know, it's people like you (and there aren't that many) who make us all want to throw all our finished works in the bin.

I have just one question. How did you 'shatter' that safety glass cos that's incredible detailing?

Happy new year,

Badder.

• Thanks 1

On 01/01/2020 at 10:36, Badder said:

How did you 'shatter' that safety glass cos that's incredible detailing?

Hi Badder, sorry for the late reply

The windscreen was something of a happy accident. I'd removed the kit windscreen from the sprue early in the build the check the fit. Predictably, when it came time to install it, I'd forgotten where I'd put it.

I cut a new one from some clear sheet which was probably a piece of thin perspex or something similar. Either way it was quite brittle and one of the corners cracked as I was trimming it. I was going to cut a new one but then I thought using the broken one would add a nice detail to the kit.

I took a few more chunks out of the broken corner with side cutters then scratched the radiating cracks on to the inner side of the screen with a needle.

Meng+M911+C-HET+build+part+4+%252817%252

After that, it was sprayed with the clear green/blue tint along with the rest of the glazing and installed.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding work again Andy.

your art of painting and weathering is unreachable.

What do you think about making tutorial videos on youtube channel? I am sure within a short time you will have thousands followers.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone

On 22/01/2020 at 18:26, Harry Callahan said:

What do you think about making tutorial videos on youtube channel?

Probably not something I'd do any time soon as I don't have the time or space for shooting video. Maybe something I'll look into in the future though.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

You know when you take up a hobby and start to think you're getting the hang of it............

......along comes a consummate professional who makes you realise you're still at the "barely incompetent" stage by comparison. 

Wow. Absolutely stunning.

• Thanks 1