This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Smudge

RAF Sculthorpe Model Show 9th Feb 2020

A Heritage Centre has recently been opened at the old RAF/USAF base at Sculthorpe, in Norfolk just outside Fakenham. Unfortunately I have not yet been able to visit on one of their open days, but I do follow their Facebook page. It seems that they are putting on a Model Show on the 9th of February 2020. 

Here is a link to their Fb page

http://facebook.com/forgottensculthorpebase/ 

We don't have anything like this here in Norfolk, so I hope it comes off ok and becomes a permanent fixture. Looking forward to it.

Their page is worth checking out for some great nostalgic photos from the bases past.

Good luck to the organisers, see you there :)

Edited by Smudge

Yes, we have put our names down. I just hope the weather is favourable.

It's a bit too much of a trek for me to make, but I wish the organisers every success with their new show. I would strongly recommend that they put the show's full details on Britmodeller and also get in contact with IPMS UK, so they can post a listing in the Events section of the society's website.

Cheers. 

Chris. 

On 28/12/2019 at 12:14, spruecutter96 said:

....................... and also get in contact with IPMS UK, so they can post a listing in the Events section of the society's website.

Hi Chris. Yes, good idea. I posted a little comment to this effect on their Facebook page.

Cheers.

Hello. 

Facebook is good, but it would still be worth contacting the fella who admins the Events section and dropping him the Show's details for inclusion. For many people (who don't follow social media), the Events page is their main source of information on forthcoming shows. 

Happy New Year.

Chris.  

A bit far for me from Leeds way, but the best of luck to them. A good day for it as it will be my birthday that day (we plan on being in London to look at the Tutankhamun exhibition). 

On 04/01/2020 at 11:50, spruecutter96 said:

Facebook is good, but it would still be worth contacting the fella who admins the Events section and dropping him the Show's details for inclusion.

Absolutely, Chris.

I had a look at the IPMS website. I think you have to be one of the actual organisers of an event to get in touch an arrange for a show to go on their Events Calendar. It can't be just anyone that tries to provide the information (time date venue etc).

I did suggest they get in touch with IPMS, but I don't want to interfere too much. Just bringing it to the attention of fellow Britmodellers who might like to pop along.

No problem, sir. I'll leave it with you. 

Chris. 

Just giving this show a 'bumb' as it's only a few days away now.

Looking forward to it.

In view of the weather, unfortunately, Ipswich club has decided not to attend. We are disappointed, but local roads here will be closed, and we have 2 counties to cross, and a large quantity of trees which ever route we choose. Thetford forest or the A140 in 65 mph winds is not somewhere to be.  

35 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

In view of the weather, unfortunately, Ipswich club has decided not to attend. We are disappointed, but local roads here will be closed, and we have 2 counties to cross, and a large quantity of trees which ever route we choose. Thetford forest or the A140 in 65 mph winds is not somewhere to be.  

Quite so, The weather warning has gone from yellow to Amber, he Orwell bridge will be shut, and they are even advising against travel by train.

Lets hope its not as bad as the weather guessers say it will be,

Sad to hear that Ipswich won't be attending. Not worth risking personal safety over it, so I do understand.

I will still be going (unless it is absolutely blowing a 'hoolie') as it's fairly local for me, so I can judge the weather before I set off.

As Julien says. let's hope it doesn't come to too much. 

Sorry to say USAF SIG is pulling out too - a near 300 mile round trip in Amber weather warning conditions is not a great idea. 

Haydn.