P 51D, Mustang Mk.IV, 2 Squadron, NewZealand AF. 1/48, Airfix

Another off the bench. It's the 1/48 Airfix offering. Decals by Xtra decal.

Great little kit. No issues to note. Doing the Tamiya kit at the same time which is a lot simpler to build. Will be looking forward to the Eduard weekend edition to compare.

Many thanks for looking ….please feel free to comment etc.

Dick

DPP_1020

DPP_1021

DPP_1022

DPP_1023

DPP_1024

Edited by jenko
  • Like 21

13 minutes ago, Randy Lutz said:

Nicely done.  When building the Tamiya kit, be mindful of the main gear doors, as you have reversed them with this kit.

Cheers

Randy

Sorry Randy but the doors are not reversed. Airfix have set it up so that it is impossible to do that. I have just checked and looked at the other Mustangs I have in the collection also.

It must be the way the light falls.

Dick

Edited by jenko

Nice job :thumbsup:

But as Randy pointed out, the outer covers that are mounted on the legs are really reversed, the straight side should look forward and the angled side backwards. The inner landing gear doors are correct.

20 hours ago, Randy Lutz said:

Nicely done.  When building the Tamiya kit, be mindful of the main gear doors, as you have reversed them with this kit.

Cheers

Randy

51 minutes ago, Reini78 said:

Nice job :thumbsup:

But as Randy pointed out, the outer covers that are mounted on the legs are really reversed, the straight side should look forward and the angled side backwards. The inner landing gear doors are correct.

Thanks guys. I was looking at the main doors attached to the fuselage not the ones on the legs.  :doh:

Senior moment time again...……...……….. I've asked the wife for a new brain for Christmas  :wacko:

Dick

• Like 2