Modeldecals #29 - RNoAF RF-84F colour information

Rabbit Leader

Just wondering if anyone has a copy of the old Modeldecals sheet #29 and can either quote or preferably scan the information relating to the RNoAF RF-84F decal option.  I’m keen to see what’s been mentioned for the three camouflage colours and any additional small details that usually accompany these excellent sheets. 

Now this request also has me thinking, is there an online site somewhere that may have all these Modeldecal reference sheets in PDF format? If not perhaps it may be a great idea for the collective membership on here to possibly start one? 

Happy to carry out this conversation offline or continued here for the benefit of others. 

Cheers and thanks.. Dave 

• Like 1

Dave, I've got a copy of that sheet, I'd be happy to scan the instructions for you when I get home later today.

PM me your e-mail address.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Dave,

I have the Vingtor sheet which covers the same scheme. I can check that as a cross check if it helps?

Martin

Appreciate that Martin. Wez has also offered to scan the Vingtor sheet whilst we PM'ed each other. Please feel free to report your findings however as others may have similar questions about Norwegian Thunderflashes. 

Cheers and thanks.. Dave 

Thanks so much for that link @Boman. It did take a while to connect and download however I now have it and it looks sensational. Thank you for sending this and I’d also like to thank the person who invented Google Translater! 

Cheers and regards.. Dave 

@Boman, this really is a lovely publication and it would be great to know if other issues exist for other aircraft types.  I cannot seem to find any images of camouflaged RF-84F’s in the earlier T3 codes and PRU undersides, which is a shame as this looks to be a great combination of colours. If you know of any further images, I would be pleased to see them. 

Cheers.. Dave 

42 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I cannot seem to find any images of camouflaged RF-84F’s in the earlier T3 codes and PRU undersides,

Actually, scrub that, there’s a colour image of a T3 coded camouflaged aircraft on page 7.

5 hours ago, Boman said:

Hi 

The aircraft of the RNoAF has been thoroughly examined and published online for free - it's in Norwegian but should give you usefull info non-the-less; 
http://flyblader.com/onewebmedia/RF-84Fa.pdf

It's for free. If you have trouble downloading let me know and I can send you the Pdf by PM? 

Wonderful! That really helps my NMF Builds :)

Martin

6 hours ago, Boman said:

For other Norwegian Air Force aircraft, you find the full list of publications here: 
http://flyblader.com/luftforsvaret.html

I must say that these publications are very good source for photos. They are however a bit "light" on accuracy, as they seem to be a collection of available information on the net and elsewhere, with little editorial criticism.

I got your PM, Rabbit Leader. Unfortunately all Vingtor sheets are sold out, and without a magician's capabilities, I am not able to conjure up any.

Nils

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vingtor said:

I got your PM, Rabbit Leader. Unfortunately all Vingtor sheets are sold out, and without a magician's capabilities, I am not able to conjure up any.

Thanks all the same Nils, I appreciate the feedback. 

Cheers.. Dave

Hopefully all the little electrons that make the scan will have aligned and then made their way at the speed of light to you.

Edited by Wez
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 71chally said:

What superb references!   

I hadn't even considered building an RF-84F until seeing these.

I take it NR26-34 haven't been published yet ?

Totally agree and I think there’s a few Danish reference links floating about on another BM thread. Makes you wonder what other gems are lurking that we ‘English only’ speakers no nothing about? 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

Dave,

I just tried to reply your PM, but the BM engine didn't allow me to write a reply. However, having checked the "show basket", there is actually an unsold sheet of 48-123. Please check the web site vingtor.net for postage rates to the southern hemisphere. Note that the carriage film is fragile, so I would advise that you practice with items that you don't intent to use, on a scrap model.

Please show us photos of the finished model, some time in the future.

Nils

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much Nils @Vingtor.. that's excellent news and I'll just have to treat myself to another Christmas present! I've converted the NOK45 postage rate to AUD so unless my maths is out that's pretty reasonable. I will send you a PM with my PayPal address details so that you can send me an invoice. 

Once again, I am very thankful for yours (and others) help here so I'd better do this kit justice when I get to it during the Scandinavian GB!

Cheers.. Dave 

For some reason, BM doesn't allow me to reply to PMs. I thus have to reply through the forum channel. Please transfer NOK 170 (125 plus estimated postage 45) by PayPal to [email protected]. PayPal will do the currency transfer towards AUD.

The decals are already lying in the envelope, ready for shipment. 😀

Nils

45 minutes ago, Vingtor said:

Please transfer NOK 170 (125 plus estimated postage 45) by PayPal

Happily done Nils! 

Cheers and wishing you and your family the merriest of Christmas'.. Dave (how goods this internet!) 

You should possibly do a Danish Thunderflash, though. But they were not flown in camouflage, I believe.

Marry Christmas to all you down under. We're hoping for a white celebration here up north. Although we do have snow, it's not guaranteed that it will last over the next couple of weekends. Maybe there will be some open rivers...?

Nilsspacer.png

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Vingtor said:

You should possibly do a Danish Thunderflash, though. But they were not flown in camouflage, I believe.

I was sure that I had seen a Danish RF-84F in camouflage and I was right, if you do a Google Images search using RF-84F Denmark as the search criteria you get plenty of pictures showing them in the grey/green /PRU blue scheme (my favourite scheme BTW), I'd like to do one of those.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 71chally said:

I take it NR26-34 haven't been published yet ?

No, only those with active links/downloads have been published, so you'll have to check in from time to time and see if new releases are ready. 

But atleast you see the lineup, and it's promissing 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2