Trouble sealing ink on decal

CasualModel98

I don’t know what I am doing wrong. I print my decal on waterslide paper and sprayed mr.hobby gloss clear from the can which gives it a nice glossy layer. I then apply a layer of microscale liquid decal film over it. However when I soak the decal the ink still runs. What am I doing wrong?

I cut right up to the edges of the decal as I print on white decals and don't want to show the white edging making it look like a sticker. If I use transparent paper, I can't print white and the color is often too faint like painted glass when stuck onto any surface that is not light colored.

Perhaps if I were to apply decal fix to sides after I cut them...? 

• Like 1

On 09/12/2019 at 14:21, CasualModel98 said:

Perhaps if I were to apply decal fix to sides after I cut them...? 

It might help. But the smallest nick that is not sealed and the water will get in. You can certainly try it, can't do any harm. The easy answer is to use a laser printer, if you have one of course, as laser decals need no sealer before use. You can cut as close as you like with no problem. Also you could print a border around your decal, the same colour as the background colour of yiur subject. Then you don't have to trim so close to the design. Do that and seal the edges and there's less risk of the ink bleeding out. Once the decal is on the model you won't see the edge colour..