3 eduard mustangs #####finished#####

Dansk

Placeholder for my twin projects

I’ve found myself suddenly a hoarder of the recent Eduard mustang releases. 

Hence there’s an overwhelmingly mammoth selection of subjects to choose from -

49184458897_98eea3e8e6_h.jpg

I definately want to do one in olive drab and the other BMF.

not sure yet i keep changing my mind, but: I’m thinking perhaps ‘Rovin Rhoda’ from the chatanooga choo-choo set

spacer.png

And perhaps ‘Creamer’s Dream’ from the royal class set.

spacer.png

A bunch of AM comes with the royal class set: resin wheels, resin exhausts, for two aircraft (and just 1(?) display base

and all sets come with PE IP’s, seat belts and paper masks 

I also picked up a couple of eduards Löök IP’s not so long back but i may end up using the PE. I think it looks better in the flesh, and an alternative resin wheel/tire option with chunky tread.

Can’t wait to start this GB it’s gonna be a lot of fun!

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Ooh this will be good to watch!

Really interested to see you work your magic on these Paul.

Nice choices for the builds mate but if it were up to me (which it isn't) i would go with "Frenesi" from the Profipack kit and 44-13298 from the Chattanooga boxing or "Short Fuse Sallee" from the Royal boxing.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Wat, you got three kits and you're planning only a dual build? Now that third kit would surely come along easily with the other two... :wicked:

Actually there’s 4! The royal class is a dual-pack 🤪

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Ooh this will be good to watch!

Really interested to see you work your magic on these Paul.

Nice choices for the builds mate but if it were up to me (which it isn't) i would go with "Frenesi" from the Profipack kit and 44-13298 from the Chattanooga boxing or "Short Fuse Sallee" from the Royal boxing.

Thanks craig. They are beauties I love those choices too,

I change my mind every five minutes with this.

I think my decisions will be based on these criterea:

there being a few decent ref photos of the subject available (not restored modern subjects), so i have something to work from, subjects that show some weathering that i have to try and reproduce,

one in bmf and one in OD,

A subject thats not been made a lot out there (so i dont lose mojo looking at other amazing builds of my subject that i have no hope of producing anything as nice,)

Cant be too boring and the scheme cant be too over the top with decals (so it looks too fake and hard to get looking real.)

One should have shrouded exhausts and one open (as i have 1 resin set of each with the royal class set)

Edit: oh! and i would prefer two subjects that use the different wing tank types.

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 5

Arrogancy... Won't forget soon how long it took for them to finally admit they had messed up the ultimate best ever extreme ultra hyped Bf 109 G first edition (about 1:48 scale, but not), and how the company and its dedicated fan choir boys insisted that anyone pointing out their mistakes were the ones actually being wrong, not them. In the end, justice won in that case. But let's not let that bother us anymore and let's look forward to building these models, whoever makes them 🙂

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

But let's not let that bother us anymore and let's look forward to building these models, whoever makes them 🙂

I agree this is gonna be a great GB! Some great subjects are in the mix.

Thx for the info ;)

On 12/8/2019 at 7:52 AM, vppelt68 said:

Wat, you got three kits and you're planning only a dual build? Now that third kit would surely come along easily with the other two... :wicked:

On 12/8/2019 at 8:19 AM, Dansk said:

Actually there’s 4! The royal class is a dual-pack 🤪

I say W.W.E.M.D.

(What Would @Enzo Matrix Do)

;) 

Edited by Col.
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Hewy said:

You definitely have the necessary skills paul, and i see you also have the kits ,this will be good,

all the best

Glynn 

Cheers Glynn 🍻 

Now the pressure is on I hope I don‘t let you down. 🤞

• Haha 1

In my limited experience, Eduard kits don’t fall together like Tamiya, but oh boy once they are together they are pretty awesome, I’m so excited for this one, two, three? Must resist buying these....

Popcorn and beers....

• Like 2

Hi all,
Here’s where I’m at currently.
Everything is going pretty well and there’s been no real disasters on this first leg.

49224286656_4e55997d3a_h.jpg

49224286006_65335e1547_h.jpg

49224286596_7bd5e471fe_h.jpg

With the exception of the paint being a complete PITA

I just cant seem to get it to mix well. I tried numerous different thinners in different ratios, i tried water too. But this stuff is just so difficult for me to use. It clogs the airbrush too. I really dislike it.

49224286771_7b0b4a5d9a_c.jpg

I have a few bits to do then i can join the fuselage halves on creamer’s dream and repeat all the interior process with rovin’ rhoda. I think it should be pretty fast to repeat this stage.

The IP and pedals etc quite novelly slip in later in the build. 

I took this interior to completion stage to see if there were any pitfalls, rather than simultaeneously making the same build error on both aircraft.

I think I will continue in this manner i feel comfortable doing that, repeating each little stage.

The eduard kit has been great so far it has some amazing details but lacks a few locating points for the odd part and theres been an incorrect paint # call-out in the instructions but thats just a tiny tiny niggle, generally its fabulous to my untrained eye.

The cockpit has been given a wash and i dusted over it with light powder as well a little bit of pencil chipping and scratching. The floor i wore-down where the pilots feet reside. I chose not to use all the photoetch but i brought out a few bits and bobs with a dab of paint here and there. the Löök IP i have given a wash and dust. From the factory that didnt match the photoetch parts black / finish. But now they’ll gel nicely i think.

49224511517_8227bf3ea4_h.jpg

Wow- There’s some awesome build topics in this GB and three pages of them already!! Patrice @TEMPESTMK5 you are gonna have your hands full!

Thanks for reading.

• Like 14

11 hours ago, Dansk said:

I took this interior to completion stage to see if there were any pitfalls, rather than simultaneously making the same build error on both aircraft.

Ah yes, I've had that (mostly hypothetical) argument with myself- there's a logic to setting up a "production line" if wanting to do several of the same basic kit, but I also worry that I might then fail to learn those little lessons in time to apply to the others. 

Closely related: the "tedium" of doing every step several times in succession, vs. "Yeah, but having built this kit once, will I really want to start all over again some other time?"

I suppose to some degree it depends on the kit, and some people love those "whang the basic airframe together in an afternoon so I can get to the part I really like (painting)" kits.  I, on the other hand, really enjoy the assembly process, including some problem solving.  Or maybe it is just that I have a fear of the painting not going well!  I actually like decalling, too, which some people seem to hate.

Danks, I am not impressed with Mission Models stuff either.  Outta the bottle it's too thick.  Add and drop of thinner and it acts like it's too thin.  Tried a drying retarder this time and it still clogs.  Clean up is a pain too.  Tamiya and Mr Color is so much easier.

• Like 1