1/72 Vampire in metal colour scheme

Vinster

Hello all, so I have a 1/72 scale vampire that has to be done in a metal scheme but I'm not sure what colour would be the right colour as I have some alclads and was wondering what would be the best colour to paint it?

12 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Vampires were not bare metal but painted in High Speed Silver.

Its a slightly shiney grey-ish silver. A bit brighter than plain aluminium

This is great I have alclads high-speed silver - also where do you find info like this. I really struggle to.

Modeldecal always said that pure silver was too bright for the finish on Vampires, they always suggested adding some light grey to the silver to tone it down.  Whilst this doesn't help you with your alclad question it will hopefully give you an idea of what shade you should be aiming for.

I've always found decanted Tamiya AS-12 Bare Metal Silver (Rattle Can) gives a nice depiction of HSS. You can actually spray it straight out of the can and the pigment still remains quite tight. Once applied you can give it a coat of semi gloss clear so that it cuts the shine off a bit or just leave as is. It's pretty resilient to masking as well which is always a plus when using metalic paint. 

Cheers.. Dave 

48797430126_a3aabbfa29_b.jpg

• Like 2