Blacksun Miniatures Abdel Rashid

Bigmick

They cant all be historic busts.

I bought this one a while ago,  from Blacksun  Miniatures titled "Abdel Rashid ", but I titled him " Desert Nomad", I was going to have a clever name like " Felis Tuareg" but kept it simple.

I really didnt know how to paint him, what colour the cloth should be etc, I had an idea that the cloth should look the indigo dyed fabric worn by the Tuareg.

Then Scale 75 released the Elven colours paint set, just the shades of blue I needed.

So started painting, copied reference pics of lions, got to the point where I was happy with the face and couldnt suss why the paint was so thin and glossy on the cloth.

USfokc8.jpg

so sat scratching my head shaking the bottle for a few minutes

2c4WK6b.jpg

And there was the answer, boy do they take some mixing, but wow do they dry matt.

I painted a simple check pattern on the cloak then left the paint a few days to settle and used the small amount  of pigment in the thinner as a glaze over the top, kinda works.

IgIbYUM.jpg

qyOKwoS.jpg

6qy1H6K.jpg

And again he did me proud with a silver at Telford in sci fi/fantasy busts.

86GNEID.jpg

And a bronze at Bugle Call

zVq9uWu.jpg

I've no idea how I'm going to top this year, very happy camper.

Regards 

Mick

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Excellent Mick.  The colours are so vivid.  Did you use Scale 75 throughout ? I have a couple of their new Scalecolor Artist sets.  I'm yet to use them.

BillyD