Hasegawa RF-101C Voodoo

Hello all, 

This is my recently built 1/72 Hasegawa RF-101C Voodoo. I used a Pavla aftermarket ejection seat as the kit's ejection seat is pretty basic. The wheels and gear doors are from a Valom F-101 kit, which I never finished. The model was painted with Vallejo Metal Colors. A final coat of Model Master semi-gloss was applied to dull down the finish a bit. The decals are from the both the Valom kit and the Hasegawa kit. The Valom decals are nice and thin, but they are fragile. Although the Hasegawa kit is quite old (released 1969), it does go together nicely.  

Cheers, 

Mark 

IMG_1192

IMG_1204

IMG_1200

IMG_1182

IMG_1154

IMG_1086

IMG_1084

IMG_1080

IMG_1056

Pavla ejection seat

IMG_1042

• Like 44

That looks smashing and a great advertisement that old kits can still build up well and look the part. I’m almost inclined to say that 1/72 kits look better with slightly raised or even no panels lines at all rather than some of the engraving going on today, however it really does depend on the subject at hand. This Voodoo looks bang on to my eye. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on a stunning build! This model is resplendent in its simple NMF. Just right!

And I will concur with @Rabbit Leader and @Spitfire31 with the raised panel lines not always being an impediment on a 1/72 kit,

I often just erase them all rather than re-scribe new ones, if they are too prominent.

JR

• Thanks 1

Excellent Voodoo! 👍 I picked up the Valom kit and put it back at SMW as i thought it was just too expensive! Wished I'd gone and picked up a Hasegawa one now after seeing yours. The silver finish looks fantastic. Can i ask which Vallejo Metal Color you used?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, binbrook87 said:

Excellent Voodoo! 👍 I picked up the Valom kit and put it back at SMW as i thought it was just too expensive! Wished I'd gone and picked up a Hasegawa one now after seeing yours. The silver finish looks fantastic. Can i ask which Vallejo Metal Color you used?

I used aluminum (77.701). The primer coat is Vallejo Surface Primer (Gloss Black 77.660). Final coat is Model Master semi-gloss.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1