This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Teeradej

Ebay seller gone silent?

Did anyone have experience dealing with an ebay seller “linsal77” from Ukraine? After some chats he promised to provide a tracking number. Item description said shipping to Asia might take around 35 days with insured postage so I decided to buy his AMP 1/144 KC-10 kit. But after payment completed on Nov 24 ebay system told me that an expected delivery time is Feb 21 next year... almost three months later. Never see anything too much exaggerated like this from any ebay seller before. And the most important, no tracking number shown. Since then the seller simply disappeared. No response to my messages. Any info would be appreciated.

Edited by Teeradej

If you paid by PayPal, you will get your money back - I have had loads of stuff repaid to me by Paypal

5 minutes ago, rayprit said:

If you paid by PayPal, you will get your money back - I have had loads of stuff repaid to me by Paypal

Yes I used a paypal. Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like a scam, when I have had similar experiences (six), you need to wait until the end of the estimated delivery window before raising a claim.

Really annoying, and I have a chaotic life, so I am sure I have missed some of mine. That's what they gamble on.

I had an odd situation once, when the seller sent a very low value item as a "gift" along with a note that model kit is out of stock but soon on its way. Problem is eBay take it verbatim that gift which had full tracking is proof of delivery. Was a worrying time trying to get through to eBay that item tracked could not be what I orderred.

Another thing to look out for is when something goes wrong and seller re-schedules delivery and gives a wide window. If it takes you beyond 30 days after the latest orginal estimate you lose eBay protection. You may still have paypal protection, but I never got that far.

Well the seller has a reasonable reputation of almost 99 percent and on the bay since 2007 ...the kit wasn’t available at the date you bought it....

I bought mine on a model show in the Netherlands at 23 november from the producer without building instructions as they weren’t available yet!

So there is a possibilty that he was\is awaiting the shipment and sold them allready and those shipping aproximations on delivery aren’t always correct as well as i experienced before! Got them mostly sooner!!

hope it helps and be patiënt  as you are insured by the payment through Paypal , i only needed it once when i ordered decals and got my money back and this didn’t happen at e-bay but a trusty website......

Hope this very nice kit will arrive for you in time!

cheers, Jan

3 hours ago, paulj said:

I had an odd situation once, when the seller sent a very low value item as a "gift" along with a note that model kit is out of stock but soon on its way. Problem is eBay take it verbatim that gift which had full tracking is proof of delivery. Was a worrying time trying to get through to eBay that item tracked could not be what I orderred.

What a bad trick. New odd thing to learn everyday!

3 hours ago, janneman36 said:

I bought mine on a model show in the Netherlands at 23 november from the producer without building instructions as they weren’t available yet!

So there is a possibilty that he was\is awaiting the shipment and sold them allready and those shipping aproximations on delivery aren’t always correct as well as i experienced before! Got them mostly sooner!!

Looks like some kind of preorder without saying preorder...  It seems that being patient is the only option at this time. Thank you, gentlemen!

Sometimes not aways the worst.  I've always received items even months late.  Once the seller had gone on summer holidays for month and half and forgot he still had active eBay auctions.  The second he was admitted to hospital and had emergency operation so was in no position to reply or ship.

6 hours ago, dcrfan said:

Sometimes not aways the worst.  I've always received items even months late.  Once the seller had gone on summer holidays for month and half and forgot he still had active eBay auctions.  The second he was admitted to hospital and had emergency operation so was in no position to reply or ship.

Don't you think the answer to this problem is "communication" .  Any delay in delivery is the responsibility of the seller to notify the buyer of a delay, just about anything of mine that's due to be delayed I have been notified it will be late arriving.  (Business must be good to take a 4 week holiday)  Hospital or not, if the delay is excessive and with no communication,  PayPal kicks in...…...one can always re-order at a later date once the seller becomes active again

I live on the other side of the world from the majority of suppliers so even one who dispatches the next day I will typically not see it for best part of a month so I have a high tolerance for delays especially from some countries e.g. my last purchase from the US spent several days making it's way town by town to get to the international dispatch centre in Chicago where it then headed to Russia spending a week 'in processing in Moscow' before making it's way back to Chicago! It then began its journey to NZ again.  During that time, even though it was heading in a very strange direction, it was not past its planned delivery date the supplier was not able to/prepared to intervene with the US postal authority.

Ebay is a very safe place to shop. You as a buyer have both ebay and paypal in your back. The seller is always playing a losing game as far as claims go. Many sellers want to get back the possibility to leave negative feedback on their buyers but ebay finds it easier to side with the buyer since they are the ones producing the funds. You can safely sit back and relax, let the days go by, and be patient. If the shipment won`t arrive (very rarely) you will get your money back. Nothing a seller can do about that. 

As a seller I now wont use ebay as they always side with the buyer no matter what. There are some dishonest people on there. I sold a kit once and the buyer claimed it was not delivered, only for his build to trun up on a modelling forum a couple of months later.

There are the occasionaly honest people out there. I sold an item to a guy in Aus and a month later it had not arrived so refunded his money. Only then for him to get in touch a full 2 months later syaing it arrived. He even resent the money to me.

Julien

All interesting experiences. Living in a rural area I find by the time I do the photos, post an ad on EBay, deal with sale, buy wrapping materials, do the wrapping, go to post office and deal with feedback and pay commissions to eBay and PayPal that I would have been better of financially investing my time in my business and getting paid from customers and still have the model in the stash!  I have not sold anything on in a couple of years now though have stuff I know I won’t build :(

Today the mail showed up on my doorstep. As you guys said there may be some positive reasons.  I sent a message to thank the seller and he replied me back for the first time in a while that he was away for work, his family managed shipping. They (also for some reason) normally do not reply any messages. And he apologized. The kit took only three weeks just like others from Ukraine. For this case the problem was his way of communication that made me so anxious. At least it’s happy ending so I leave him a positive feedback. Many thanks for such helpful comments and sharing your experiences.