SMB2 / IAI Sa'ar 1/72 Special Hobby

Its great to see one of these built, Libor. You've done a great job with her. It would be good to know any issues you had during construction. I have three in the pile waiting for me to find the time! ;).

Martin

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for comments, appreciated!

I'm afraid I have almost nothing to report, it is "just" regular mainstream kit which builds nicely without any fit or other issues. I've sweeten the the build with some surgery needed for air brakes and flaps installations, but the kit seems to be pre-designed fot that, so it was also quite straightforward.

Exdraken: yes, these are Napalm tanks.

Cheers

Libor

• Like 1

Thanks mates!

ArmouredSprue: these are Gunze H acrylics as per the instructions. For the KFIR though the green may differs, as at some point in 1980's it changed to a more lighter color similar to British WWII Sky. My own mix is for it is the original H312 Green +H74 Sky in 50:50 ratio.

Cheers

Libor

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Libor, beautiful work! I always love seeing the Super Mystere in all colors it served under. My father had the opportunity to fly and be an SMB2 instructior for the Honduran airforce. He flew the Mystere from 1978-1993 and was his most favorite combat aircraft to fly! Pardon me for being so direct in this question, but would you ever consider selling this model?