fug 218 Master Model scale 48 vs 32

Walter

Quick question regarding scale betweeen 1/48 and 1/32 I'm planning to add after market Fug 218 antenna from Master model but my supplier only has 1/32 scale do you think I would be silly to use this on a 1/48 scale me 262? Does anyone know if they are actually different sizes from the manufacturer. Is the scale difference close enough that no one would notice if indeed they are made to scale. Your thoughts?

1/32 is 1.5 times the size of 1/48--50% larger. Assuming Master have done their job correctly, this photothis photo, and this photo suggest it would be noticeable. Whether you're able to live with this or your viewers are knowledgeable enough to recognize it is a different story.

Are you converting a kit or is the kit set that bad? You could try scratch building this. Albion tubing would go a long way in either event.

Is it really that much I thought over 1 metre it was about 10mm difference which is not 50%. I think I'll get the correct scale or scratch build like David Damek....yeah right!🙄

Btw I'm getting the hobby boss kit

Edited by Walter

As Graham Boak may pop up to tell you, percentage error in a dimension is a reasonable guide as to whether something the wrong size will look wrong.  10mm length difference in a 300mm fuselage may not look wrong if the length error is spread over the whole distance (3.3% error). However,  if the length error is in one particular section of fuselage, of say 50mm length  (ie 20% error), it is likely that something will look 'off'.  As others have said, the 10mm error over a 20mm baseline (50%) is likely to look very odd when compared to the rest of the airframe.  This of course starts from the premise that the viewer has an idea of what the original should look like.

So, up to you, as it's your model, but if you planned to show it off to  a knowledgeable audience . . .

Regards,

Martin

• Thanks 1