Italeri 2020 catalog - "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2020

Homebee

8 minutes ago, Truro Model Builder said:

If the 1/48 Mirage 2000 is ex-Heller, that could point to the T-33 being from the same stable. If it is the Kinetic M2000, then who knows?

Probably the Esci original

2 hours ago, Robert said:

I hope the T-33 is the Platz kit.

Regards

Robert

Likewise, hopefully at a pricepoint somewhat less than the arm, three legs and a kidney the TanModel version came in at!

2 hours ago, klr said:

Italeri released the  Supermodel CR.32 back in 2013, so presumably they are doing so again. I wonder if it will be as pricey again? I already had the Supermodel original, so I passed on the Italeri kit first time around.

Do you know if they did anything with the mould?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wez said:

Likewise, hopefully at a pricepoint somewhat less than the arm, three legs and a kidney the TanModel version came in at!

The Italeri CR.32 box from 2013 says "historic upgrade series", so it's quite possible that Italeri did make improvements, although the other kits that were part of that series were all original Italeri molds, at least that I can recall. It's hard to tell from the sprue shots on the Italeri website:

https://www.italeri.com/en/product/2245/1/3

T-33 will be Platz,superb model which is not easy to come by, TA-4F/J Fujimi, also a superb little kit, also great to see them finally reissue Esci's F-5A.

As for Spitfire Mk.I cannot see reasoning behind it, even it being 80th BoB anniversary, after Tamiya and Eduard (August), but that's Italeri of today.

Great to see Esci Straighter cockpit, had quite hefty price tag in the 1980's.

• Like 2

I'm another keen customer for the Starfighter cockpit, a neat concept I'd love to see revived.

9 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

That 1/72 HH-101 has been on the catalog for close to 4 years now, but was never released.

In the same vein, for the third(fourth?) year in a row the 1/48 Agusta-Bell JetRanger repop is there, blatantly plastered all over page 8:
49441383832_d4fe750d61_c.jpgItaleri Preview 2020 pg8 by Zac Yates, on Flickr

Still waiting - progressively less patiently - for it to actually appear...

• Like 3

I am guessing that the TU-22M3 is not a reboxed Trumpeter kit but, the rather simplified and basic Esci kit from the 80s.

I am also assuming that the Mig 23 and A-7 Corsair are also the old Esci kits?

Good to see the SM-79 again!

, Allan

37 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

I am guessing that the TU-22M3 is not a reboxed Trumpeter kit but, the rather simplified and basic Esci kit from the 80s.

, Allan

Allan,

I'm guessing the Tu-22M3 is the old Esci kit, the MiG-23 almost certainly is and they're even proudly boasting about the A-7's lineage with the Esci logo on the picture.  What surprises me is the number of models such as the F-5, F-111 and Harrier which were very definitely Esci moulds that they haven't stated are just that.  Perhaps they just want to keep us guessing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albeback52 said:

, Allan

Italeri previously released the ECI Tu-22 Blinder about 15 years ago, so it's probably that kit again. The same is true for the A-7 Corsair. But the MiG 23 may well be the Zvezda kit. Italeri released both the Zvezda MiG 23 and 27 in the late 1990s.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, klr said:

But the MiG 23 may well be the Zvezda kit. Italeri released both the Zvezda MiG 23 and 27 in the late 1990s.

Not in 1/48th, like in the 2020 catalogue.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, klr said:

D'oh! I have 1/72 on the brain.

Somehow I think this is the truest sentence ever to grace a modelling forum anywhere*. Especially the D'oh part. 😂 I'm going to print it out and stick it above my workbench.

Jay

*1/72 is the truest scale but perhaps it can be swapped for anything else really...

Edited by Mountain goat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 25/01/2020 at 11:25, Wez said:

I have a couple of the Italeri Cr.32 kits and they did quite a lot with the mould, including adding a detailed interior. I was wondering if they were related to the old Supermodel Cr.32; now I know.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mountain goat said:

Somehow I think this is the truest sentence ever to grace a modelling forum anywhere*. Especially the D'oh part. 😂 I'm going to print it out and stick it above my workbench.

Jay

*1/72 is the truest scale but perhaps it can be swapped for anything else really...

One of my brothers works in architecture and related areas. Drawings in that business are usually to 1/100 scale. Whenever I've looked at one his drawings, I mentally "scale it up" to 1/72. That's how I see the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Overall a very mixed bag of kits here from Italeri. Almost no new stuff, as all too aften happened over the last few years, some very interesting kits finally returning and some weird choices

Starting from these, why reissue the Esci Tomcat ??? Apart from the recessed panel lines this is worse than Italeri's own kit, less accurate, less detailed and worse fitting. If I had no other choice I'd rescribe the Italeri kit rather than buy an Esci one.

Of the various reissues, soem are nice to see, the F-5A of course but also the 1/72 CR.42 that has not been easily available lately. And then there are the ones not coming from their moulds... good to see another Fujimi Skyhawk, with this and the ones from Hobby 2000 there will be less need to go hunting them on the web. I'm curious to see what T-33 they will rebox, if the Platz one it will be great. If the Heller one, less so.

I'm also glad to see the carrier deck section back, it's IMHO quite a decent kit, I may buy another for my USN models

On 1/27/2020 at 10:13 AM, Giorgio N said:

Overall a very mixed bag of kits here from Italeri. Almost no new stuff, as all too aften happened over the last few years, some very interesting kits finally returning and some weird choices

Starting from these, why reissue the Esci Tomcat ??? Apart from the recessed panel lines this is worse than Italeri's own kit, less accurate, less detailed and worse fitting. If I had no other choice I'd rescribe the Italeri kit rather than buy an Esci one.

Of the various reissues, soem are nice to see, the F-5A of course but also the 1/72 CR.42 that has not been easily available lately. And then there are the ones not coming from their moulds... good to see another Fujimi Skyhawk, with this and the ones from Hobby 2000 there will be less need to go hunting them on the web. I'm curious to see what T-33 they will rebox, if the Platz one it will be great. If the Heller one, less so.

I'm also glad to see the carrier deck section back, it's IMHO quite a decent kit, I may buy another for my USN models

I'd agree with that summary. A bit underwhelming to say the least. Personally, I have zero interest in yet another F-35 but, the reissue F-5 and , SM-79 make up for it. Another F-111 is always welcome even if it is another reissue.

Certainly not impressed with the TU-22M3, A-7 Corsair or, MiG 23. I assume these are the less than stellar Esci original kits

As for re issuing F-14s, Italeri are not the only culprits.Looks like Airfix  is (unless I am mistaken) reboxing it's own ancient F-14 in Top Gun guise! With their arrangements with Academy,one might have hoped to see the Academy kit in the Airfix box

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

On 1/25/2020 at 2:06 PM, Hook said:

Nice to see the F-5A again.

Cheers,

Andre

Dutch markings.... F-5A... wonder if this is a re-issue of the Esci one..

The CR-42 makes sense from a BoB perspective btw.

Edited by alt-92
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

I'd agree with that summary. A bit underwhelming to say the least. Personally, I have zero interest in yet another F-35 but, the reissue F-5 and , SM-79 make up for it. Another F-111 is always welcome even if it is another reissue.

Certainly not impressed with the TU-22M3, A-7 Corsair or, MiG 23. I assume these are the less than stellar Esci original kits

Allan

Indeed the ESCI F-5A is the best one in 1/72nd scale and has been available already several years ago as Revell boxing.  A new Italeri edition is therefore very needed and welcome!

The T-33A  - surely the very good Platz offering - will be also finally widely available worldwide as Italeri boxing.  Great! :thumbsup:

Edited by Diego

On 1/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, k5054nz said:

In the same vein, for the third(fourth?) year in a row the 1/48 Agusta-Bell JetRanger repop is there, blatantly plastered all over page 8:
49441383832_d4fe750d61_c.jpgItaleri Preview 2020 pg8 by Zac Yates, on Flickr

Still waiting - progressively less patiently - for it to actually appear...

Yup - me, too.......

Edited by Paul Bradley
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Scalemates have described the T-33A as the Platz rebox, so let's hope there won't be the ancient Heller sprues inside.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1