Italeri 2020 catalog - "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2020

Homebee

7 minutes ago, Hook said:

And yet, we got an SM.82 Marsupiale a few years ago.

Cheers,

Andtr

A WW2 type, and today WW2 subjects outsell postwar ones by quite a margin.

And a type that was always sold with Luftwaffe markings in the box, and we know how anything with WW2 Luftwaffe markings is guaranteed to raise some interest.

At the same time, how many Italian designed postwar jets did Italeri mould in these years ? None, zero, nothing. They issued the 1/72 Mb.326 and 339 after having purchased all Supermodel tools. They issued the 1/72 Revell G.91 for a short time and only in the Frecce Tricolori set. Not different in 1/48, with the Mb.326 and G.91 being former Esci moulds. They tried to rebox the Kinetic AMX and IIRC they also tried to rebox the Frems Mb.339.

A 1/72 AMX has long been on top of the wish lists compiled by Italian model magazines and even in those that Italeri themselves requested. Yet nothing came from Italeri and rumours are that the subject is not considered commercially viable. And to be honest I can't blame them

40 minutes ago, AMB said:

with " Frecce Tricolori " decals??

No Frecce markings for the M.346, the aircraft selected to replace the MB.339 is the M.345 HET, an evolution of the Siai S.211. The first aircraft for the Air Force should have recently completed the flighgt test program and is expected to enter service in early 2020. Don't know yet when the Frecce Tricolori will receive the new type.

2 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

No Frecce markings for the M.346, the aircraft selected to replace the MB.339 is the M.345 HET, an evolution of the Siai S.211. The first aircraft for the Air Force should have recently completed the flighgt test program and is expected to enter service in early 2020. Don't know yet when the Frecce Tricolori will receive the new type.

And, of course, we've been treated to an idea of what the M345 might look like in Frecce Tric colours already (Farnborough, 2014)

spacer.png

• Like 3

On 12/18/2019 at 3:04 PM, Giorgio N said:

Ooops. thanks Giorgio, I stand corrected!

On 13/12/2019 at 09:47, Robertone139 said:

It's areissue of the Fujimi F-86F that can be bought on eBay for  less than 10$.

Can you tell me the link to Ebay where you can buy the Fujimi kit? I am interested.
I can't find it for less than 34 € (26+8 shipping costs).

Thank you.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Andrés S. said:

Can you tell me the link to Ebay where you can buy the Fujimi kit? I am interested.
I can't find it for less than 34 € (26+8 shipping costs).

Thank you.

Yes where are these cheap sabres?

Cheapest I can find one in the UK is for £26 posted or £28 posted form overseas. Fujimi dont have a distributor in the UK so the kits are hard to find. I can get the new kit posted for £23.50

Julien

• Like 2

Sorry kids, I live in the USA.

Just checked eBay, there are several for 9.95$ to 12.95$.

F-86E, F-86F, F-40....

You may also want to look for Academy or Hobbycraft, they are pretty much the same.

Edited by Robertone139
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

F-86E, F-86F, F-40....

You may also want to look for Academy or Hobbycraft, they are pretty much the same.

The academy/hobbycraft kit while similar is not as good as the Fujimi kit.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

Perfect, no problem.
I have bought things shipped from China, Korea, Japan and even from New Zealand (which are the antipodes of Spain).
Different is that they ask for $10 for the kit and ask for 25 for shipping. If they do ... well, those expenses do not ask to send kits from Japan so the deception is evident ...
Can you put the links to eBay please?
Thank you.

Italeri 2020 catalog is online:

https://www.italeri.com/uploads/news/b9oyS352gqHmhEzkjSqwDK80IVvs09sLuqzoPqmR.pdf

https://www.italeri.com/en/article/740

Just one 1/48th "new mould/tool" kit - ref. 2792 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I  - :mental:

dedicated thread is here:  

The 1/32nd MRCA Tornado GR.4 is announced since 2017...

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235015796-132-mrca-tornado-gr4-by-italeri-box-art-release-in-2020/

ITA01.jpg

ITA02.jpg

ITA03.jpg

ITA04.jpg

ITA05.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

The SM.79 and CR.42 are nice kits and are a welcome reissue, as well as the Esci F-5A (a damn fine kit).

I'm curious whose mould the CR.32 is - Supermodel's?  Also the TA-4F/J - neither Italeri nor Esci did a two seater so I'm guessing following recent form the Fujimi kit?

The one which intrigues me the most is the T-33, I wonder whose mould that is as they're not claiming it as a 100% new mould?

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

Italeri will also release the ESCI F-14 A in 1/72. And Italeri informs us that it has recessed panel lines.

How about the ESCI F-15 and F-15B?

Not to forget that they have already released the Fujimi F-4 and ESCI F-4.

Edited by Tomppa B
Correction of spelling

2 hours ago, Wez said:

The SM.79 and CR.42 are nice kits and are a welcome reissue, as well as the Esci F-5A (a damn fine kit).

I'm curious whose mould the CR.32 is - Supermodel's?  Also the TA-4F/J - neither Italeri nor Esci did a two seater so I'm guessing following recent form the Fujimi kit?

The one which intrigues me the most is the T-33, I wonder whose mould that is as they're not claiming it as a 100% new mould?

Italeri released the  Supermodel CR.32 back in 2013, so presumably they are doing so again. I wonder if it will be as pricey again? I already had the Supermodel original, so I passed on the Italeri kit first time around.

I was thinking the same re the TA-4F/J. Italeri did do a 2-seater, but it was the later OA-4M. The more widely available those Fujimi Skyhawks are, the better (Italeri, Hobby 2000 and maybe even Airfix).

Now that I think of it, the ESCI Skyhawks were never reboxed by Italeri, who have stuck with their own tooling until now. In fact, they've not been released by anyone since the 1990s. I wonder why?

1 hour ago, Acinonyx Jubatus said:

Yes, ex Esci kit ?

If it is, it will be a welcome return, regarded as possibly the best F-5A in this scale

Between ESCI originals and Italeri reboxes, I have 8 of these already: 6 single-seat F-5A/RF-5As, and 2 tandem-seat F-Bs. I certainly won't say no to some more.

1 hour ago, Tomppa B said:

Italeri will also release the ESCI F-14 A in 1/72. And Italeri informs us that it has recessed panel lines.

How about the ESCI F-15 and F-15B?

Not to forget that they have already released the Fujimi F-4 and ESCI F-4.

Between Esci and Italeri Tomcat the winner is Fujimi

Between Esci and Italeri Eagle the winner should be Hasegawa

Esci F-15 wheel wells are blank, you stuck the legs here and done, Italeri are not that blank

Esci F-15 intakes are nicer than Italeri ones, still everyone but Academy and Platz in 1/72 scale picked the blank or the short trunking route

Esci F-15 cockpit is a tad less deep than Italeri and I would say it's a tie

Esci F-15 airbrake detail it's null, plates are Y shaped which puts it into C territory rather than A/B variant, still the plates are represented as panel lines so one can easily correct them for A/B variants, Italeri did the same yet the airbrake well and the airbrake itself have extra details

Nozzles...Esci F-15 wins just because you can throw away the featherless nozzles and use the others

Panel lines on Esci F-15 are more simplified than Italeri (with some exceptions and also completely ignoring the real aircraft)

Wheels I think both have early-ish style

Weapons...go aftermarket

Drop tank steal Hasegawa F-15 style droptank from a Phantom and slap it on either of them

Other problems are:

Esci F-15B comes with underwing pylons and a drop tank no options for Aim-9 rails or Aim-7 brackets or whatever are called

Esci F-15 Asat just Asat pylon in the need of some corrections and the missile itself which again is in the need of some love

Esci F-15 whatever full AA loadout but no droptank

Esci F-15E just the B with extras

Italeri F-15s in the past were all with raised panel lines, now I don't know about the F-15E but panel lines of the C variant are engraved

Both models do look like an F-15 when finished yet Esci F-15 seems more nicer than Italeri kit

Luigi