Italeri 2020 catalog - "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2020

Homebee

As follow on to the 2019 thread.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235050263-italeri-2019-catalog-new-reissue-repop-rebox-etc-in-2019/

The Italeri 2020 catalog should be available in late January. Wait and see.

Announced in January 2019 and expected in January 2020 is a re-edition from the Fujimi 1/72nd North American F-86F Sabre "MiG Killer" + Super Decal - ref. 1426

Source: https://nowosci.plastikowe.pl/aktualnosci/zapowiedzi-italeri-grudzien-2019/

Box art

1426-00.jpg

V.P. 

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Homebee said:

Earlier than expected, just released:

- 1/72nd - ref. 1426 - North American F-86F Sabre "MiG Killer"

https://www.italeri.com/prodotto/283

V.P.

Have to say that ther choice of markings is very interesting, it's rare to see USAF post-Korean War Sabres in scale, can't comment on their accuracy but I like this selection a lot.

At the same time I can see the same problem of the previous MiG-21: €26 is a bit on the expensive side IMHO for a 1/72 Sabre. True that many shops will offer lower prices (I recently bought the Phantom FG.1 for €19..) but still this is not a cheap package

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giorgio N said:

Have to say that ther choice of markings is very interesting, it's rare to see USAF post-Korean War Sabres in scale, can't comment on their accuracy but I like this selection a lot.

At the same time I can see the same problem of the previous MiG-21: €26 is a bit on the expensive side IMHO for a 1/72 Sabre. True that many shops will offer lower prices (I recently bought the Phantom FG.1 for €19..) but still this is not a cheap package

Good morning

I totally agree with Giorgio 26 euros is far too expensive for a rebox of the Fujimi kit that can be easily found for half that price ...

Patrice

14 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

FU-850 was in the Eduard 1/48 Ultimate Sabre and the decals look right 

FU-537 was on an Aeromaster sheet, and looks good.

FU-656 also looks good, this was one polished bird
417fbs-50fbw-hahnab-f86F.jpg

It does seem expensive for a Fujimi kit of which I have about 20, however I will get it for the decals alone.

Julien

• Like 2

We all know that the design of a new model requires a lot of human resources and also need a hugh financa aspectl, and when I hear the complaints about the new AMK model of the F-14 when from my point of view I find it well designed and the assembly is perfect as long as we spend a little time preparing the parts. I have no doubt that manufacturers will not want to take the risk of designing a model that critics will be negative from us, Then the choices of the italeri remain the least risky choice.

But if Italeri has to plan a new model, the EC-665 tiger, the NH-90 also a new tool vicking.

On 12/14/2019 at 6:44 PM, salomon said:

We all know that the design of a new model requires a lot of human resources and also need a hugh financa aspectl, and when I hear the complaints about the new AMK model of the F-14 when from my point of view I find it well designed and the assembly is perfect as long as we spend a little time preparing the parts. I have no doubt that manufacturers will not want to take the risk of designing a model that critics will be negative from us, Then the choices of the italeri remain the least risky choice.

But if Italeri has to plan a new model, the EC-665 tiger, the NH-90 also a new tool vicking.

In my experience, companies don't seem to care much about criticism of their products... what matters is the response from the potential market in terms of sales ! If modellers buy a new kit, who cares if this is criticised on a modelling forum ?

And yes, there have been a few exceptions.. but they are the usual exceptions proving the rule...

• Like 4

A little OT but I feel I have to let this out...

Folks, stop waiting for Italeri to issue an AMX ! It is something very unlikely to happen !

I understand that many think that since Italeri is an Italian company they will at some point issue a kit of the AMX because it's an Italian designed aircraft, but this view forgets a couple of matters.

First, Italeri is a good exporter and Italy is not their most important market. So with this in mind, why invest in a new AMX when their main markets never used the type ?
Second, how large is the overal global market for a kit of the AMX ? How many would buy an AMX over say a Typhoon or an F-35? The truth is that the AMX is most probably not a subject that would sell in the kind of numbers needed by a company like Italeri to make a profit on the investment needed for a new tool. The same Italeri at some point announced a 1/48 AMX but this was to be a rebox of the Kinetic kit. The deal fell for some reason so no AMX was issued under the Italian label. And personally I don't expect this to ever happen.

If we want a 1/72 AMX we'd better hope that the types catches the attention of one of those companies that use technologies better suited to smaller production runs, people like Sword for example. Or hope that for some reason the Chinese manufacturers decide to focus more on 1/72 scale, so that we could see for example Trumpeter scale down their 1/48 offering. But Italeri... better not wait for them !

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Folks, stop waiting for Italeri to issue an AMX ! It is something very unlikely to happen !

Can't ... type ... through ... the tears 😢

You are, of course, quite right @Giorgio N  Maybe Modelsvit perhaps?  After all they produced that gorgeous Mirage 4000 and there were only two of them!!!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

Can't ... type ... through ... the tears 😢

You are, of course, quite right @Giorgio N  Maybe Modelsvit perhaps?  After all they produced that gorgeous Mirage 4000 and there were only two of them!!!

Modelsvit would be one of the companies that could easily tackle a subject like the AMX. IIRC Modelsvit also did kits on request from a French shop, so maybe they could do the same if some Italian distributor or retailer asked them.

I wouldn't complain if Modelsvit did the AMX, it may end being an expensive kit but the quality would be superb. To be brutally honest, if I were a true AMX fan I'd rather have a company like them or one of the Czech ones offer this subject rather than Italeri...

• Like 2

On 12/16/2019 at 10:49 AM, Giorgio N said:

First, Italeri is a good exporter and Italy is not their most important market. So with this in mind, why invest in a new AMX when their main markets never used the type ?

And yet, we got an SM.82 Marsupiale a few years ago.

Cheers,

Andtr

• Like 1