Dunkirk Tribute Completed

12 hours ago, JohnWS said:

I thought maybe a hungry alien (could be a Martian) took a bite out of your a.. :fraidnot:, I mean your hull. :laugh:

John

I have too much respect for whatever remains of my health to go round biting anyone's bottom, let alone Kev's. 🤮 Word is that it gives @general melchett's a run for it's money!

3 hours ago, longshanks said:

When I was thinking in terms of damage to the larger boat I was thinking in terms of a cannon strike from a passing German fighter. Or perhaps a collision in the chaos in the waters of the beach. Even a piece of debris falling from a dying vessel.......

Never for one minute did I consider an A*** biting alien :shrug:

Kev

I refer the Gentleman to the answer I gave the member for Canada.

Martian 👽

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, longshanks said:

Never for one minute did I consider an A*** biting alien :shrug:

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

I have too much respect for whatever remains of my health to go round biting anyone's bottom, let alone Kev's. 🤮 

My apologies Kev & Martian.  I guess too much celebrating over the holidays is causing my old brain to hallucinate about green aliens. :christmas:  Nice to hear your bottom is safe Kev.  :D

BTW, that's a really nice job on on the hull damage Kev.  Very realistic!

John

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Despite the disturbing fascination with rectal mastication being displayed by some correspondents (the denials are frankly unconvincing...), the maritime goodness on display in that hull is already a refreshing miniature blast of sea air Kev.

Looking forwards to further developments keenly. :thumbsup2:

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2019 at 2:54 PM, JohnWS said:

My apologies Kev & Martian.  I guess too much celebrating over the holidays is causing my old brain to hallucinate about green aliens. :christmas:  Nice to hear your bottom is safe Kev.  :D

BTW, that's a really nice job on on the hull damage Kev.  Very realistic!

Your going to have to be careful when saying things like that John people might think your Green bottom kissing to make up to those two  :whistle:

Great work as usual Kev :yes:

beefy

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

Your going to have to be careful when saying things like that John people might think your Green bottom kissing to make up to those two  :whistle:

Great work as usual Kev :yes:

beefy

That won't work as my bottom is blue!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, It would be on a cold planet like Mars!        (Sorry, couldn't resist it. 😁)        Regards, Warm of Earth.

That's OK, I like the cold.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, longshanks said:

:hmmm: What does it indicate about the forum and members when there is a discussion about the colour of a members aliens bottom .......

:fraidnot:

Kev

Nothing else better to do until going out to celebrate New Year and the fact we are all completely NUTS 🤣

beefy

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, longshanks said:

:hmmm: What does it indicate about the forum and members when there is a discussion about the colour of a members aliens bottom .......

:fraidnot:

Kev

I think it indicates that we are an erudite,  cosmopolitan bunch with very wide ranging interests. I note that the Member for Cornwall has been taking a full part in this debate, indicating that he is as cosmopolitan, erudite and has as wide a range of interests as the rest of us.

Perceptive of Mars 👽

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnWS said:

After a mild 'green' Christmas, we woke up to this, this morning. 

49305338257_49c0affb46_z.jpg

Brrrr!!!!  :cold:

John

Stop whinging, its Canada, its winter, its supposed to be cold!

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Having produced a fibreglass 14'6 dinghy with mixed results I thought I'd have a try a vac forming the hull. The first I did in 0.25 thick card. Formed OK but I managed to damage it removing it from the mould . It did finish up at 0.1mm thick. Never being one to waste materials I set about fitting it out as only part would be required.

P1100406 (Copy)

The ribs are 0.5 x 0.3mm

P1100409 (Copy)

P1100428 (Copy)

P1100429 (Copy)

P1100430 (Copy)

The original mould using 0.5mm card with 0.3 x 0.5mm gunwale

P1100431 (Copy)

Worked much better but some distortion around the transom which I'm in the process of renewing

P1100432 (Copy)

P1100433 (Copy)

P1100434 (Copy)

I'd call it progress. Hope you enjoy

Kev

• Like 10

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

... I'd call it progress. ...

Kev

Me to!

I like seeing to various modelling techniques you're trying, as well as the results - good & bad.  They all add to the learning experience. :thanks:

John

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dads203 said:

that sunshine in your photos must be doing the world of good 

It certainly helps . . . . 😎

13 hours ago, JohnWS said:

They all add to the learning experience.

Thanks John, that's why I put them on. We're all here to help each other (well most).  If anyone has any queries feel free to ask . . . .

9 hours ago, TheBaron said:

I'd call it forgery Lovejoy...

Lol I would ask who copied who 😉

Thank you all for your kind comments and likes 

Kev

• Haha 1