Two step from hell (motorized-explosion light)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nikos,

A great diorma. I've seen a few of these 'cotton wool' explosions and I wonder if perhaps your cotton wool is a bit too 'dirty' and doesn't let enough light through? Apart from that I wonder if 2 or 3 LEDs flashing on almost simultaneously might make an even better effect?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Good little scene. Top stuff.

Explosions are hard to get right. I found theres a fine balance between thinning the cotton out enough to let light through but also thick enough to hide and support mesh. I found airbrushing blacks on and then reds and oranges worked well. Nice way of hiding the spit support too. I've done it with the smoke trail of a downed 109 great thought process. 

I had the same problem with you Red five. The cotton. But  I bought specially cotton for christmas trees which is more thin and I hope to the next explosion for better results

Yes Badder you have right. The cotton was the problem. if it was thin the base will appear like shadow, if not the light will be brightless. The dusty explosion yes is very dirty. The nextexplosion  I will try with better quality cotton. If I put flashing leds there is  danger to cut off and begin again the  electric circuit and because the wires are in parallel contact the rotor will begins and stops in flashing led way. In other way I must put arduino circuit for programming the electric contacts

On 23/12/2019 at 23:57, nikos said:

I had the same problem with you Red five. The cotton. But  I bought specially cotton for christmas trees which is more thin and I hope to the next explosion for better results

I used synthetic pillow stuffing and used alot of blacks thinned it out and used a fire led kit. I really enjoyed the challenge.

Snowspeeder crash

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...