Tamiya 1:20 McLaren MP4/7

14 hours ago, gt6mkiii said:

No, sorry, no build thread on this one. I've tried to create a couple of WIP threads but get too distracted by actual building!

Understandable. Out of interest how did you find the museum collection decals compared to Tamiya's set? I'm looking at getting a set for my MP4/4.

Cheers

On 12/21/2020 at 3:37 AM, F1Fan said:

Out of interest how did you find the museum collection decals compared to Tamiya's set?

The Museum Collection decals were pretty good - nicely printed and they went down smoothly. Here's a shot to show which bits of each I used:

decals1

And here's the colour difference between the two:

decals2

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gt6mkiii said:

The Museum Collection decals were pretty good - nicely printed and they went down smoothly. Here's a shot to show which bits of each I used:

decals1

And here's the colour difference between the two:

decals2

Thanks, and apologies for hijacking your thread with that question. 

The colour difference is incredible. It looks like you have made my decision for me.

Cheers

• 2 years later...

Hi there

I’m just revisiting this thread from your initial post a few years ago (impressive build by the way) and was wondering if you can tell me the dimensions of your display boxes. I’ve roughly worked them out based on measuring the model in the photo compared to the actual model - highly scientific! I’ve landed on 410mm long but can’t work out the width or depth. 

cheers from NZ!