Avro Vulcan B.1a - The Most Beautiful Aircraft Ever To Fly

I'm fortunate enough to have seen plenty of Vulcans which unfortunately makes me an old git, but as much as I love the Vulcan surely the most beautiful aircraft ever to fly was English Electrics Lightning? Nice modelling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That looks great.  Some excellent conversion work to realise this somewhat forgotten variant of the mighty Vulcan. 

I'm looking forward to the new Airfix tooling.  Judging by the sprue shots/break down it doesn't look like it will be easy to convert it to a B1, more's the pity, but it does look fantastic.  Maybe there'll be a glut of old toolings available soon for a good price.  Much easier to convert to a B1/B1A (also not as big a disaster if I muck it up!).

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 2:31 PM, Procopius said:

*bites stem off pipe*

Watching the Millennial firework display on the River Thames seems like only yesterday.  Ho hum.

• Haha 1

"Most Beautiful" is rather subjective, and while I do think the Vulcan B.1 is a good-looking aircraft, it is the Concorde that rings my chimes. But all is not lost. Now that Airfix is giving us new Vulcan B.2, my old Airfix Vulcan will be converted to a B-1A, assuming the Flightpath conversion kit will be available once again.

I never did have an opportunity to see a Vulcan (they were rather scarce this side of the pond), but I did see Concorde F-WTSA put on a rather sprightly demonstration for the dedication of the new Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport in September 1973 (on my birthday!)

Edited by Space Ranger

IMPRESSIVE !

Great deal of work on here..

I'm not aware of the differents versions of the mighty Vulcan !

I'll look in my files since I must have an old classified pic of a Vulcan dating from the '70s

I still have the old 1/72 Airfix in the stash... I take it, then I put it in the stash....:whistle:

Congrats !! :cheers:

Sincerely.

CC

12 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

"Most Beautiful" is rather subjective, and while I do think the Vulcan B.1 is a good-looking aircraft, it is the Concorde that rings my chimes. But all is not lost. Now that Airfix is giving us new Vulcan B.2, my old Airfix Vulcan will be converted to a B-1A, assuming the Flightpath conversion kit will be available once again.

I never did have an opportunity to see a Vulcan (they were rather scarce this side of the pond), but I did see Concorde F-WTSA put on a rather sprightly demonstration for the dedication of the new Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport in September 1973 (on my birthday!)

It is available!!!

https://www.djparkins.com/product.php?productid=17945&cat=283&page=1

David Parkins

Flightpath

5 hours ago, djparkins said:

It is available!!!

https://www.djparkins.com/product.php?productid=17945&cat=283&page=1

David Parkins

Flightpath

Excellent! As soon as Santa Claus bestows his usual Christmas modeling gift cash on me, I'll be ordering one. Thanks for the update.