BRITISH AFV’s through time, A two era build Defunct

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Darryl ...Well if we get through the voting in November and get a slot the earliest would be sometime after Febuary, I've hot another build (Panther Mk.V) running until January. If memory serves Enzo doesn't like to have people running two at the same time. Thank you for joining us and I have added you to the list on page 1. 

Dennis

Thanks, keep fingers crossed it'll get through the vote!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Dennis you can add my name to the list too mate, on a bit of an armoured theme at the minute.

Can I clarify if a British designed tank in foreign use would qualify, such as a Churchill in Soviet markings, or do they need to be in British/Commonwealth markings?

Also, just to make it more complicated, would the Soviet T-26 count as is it a copy of a Vickers tank?

Edited by modelling minion

8 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Can I clarify if a British designed tank in foreign use would qualify, such as a Churchill in Soviet markings, or do they need to be in British/Commonwealth markings?

Welcome aboard Craig Im off to add you to the list. Yes a Churchill in Soviet markings is good to go. Anything built by the British can be used by anyone. So your Churchill, or an Aussie Centurion in Vietnam, or a Centurion used by the South Africans. All of them are good to go. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Welcome aboard Craig Im off to add you to the list. Yes a Churchill in Soviet markings is good to go. Anything built by the British can be used by anyone. So your Churchill, or an Aussie Centurion in Vietnam, or a Centurion used by the South Africans. All of them are good to go. 

Thanks mate, just started an armour thread myself that you might be interested in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, diases said:

Can I join.

Thinking something from Korea period.

My 2 uncles (Brothers) were tankys there, and didn't talk to each other for 2 years as 1 was officer and the other a private.

Cheers Paul

Hello Paul of course you may, it just needs to get enough vote’s in November to move forward. 

Just making sure this is bumped up a bit ready for the start of the voting on Sunday!!! Are you ready?!! If you signed up for this GB make sure you give it one of your votes here:

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 1:36 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Friendly reminder to vote. 

• Like 1

Come on folks British armor cant fail twice in two years on a British Forum ? We need votes get your friends to vote, get your co-workers to join and vote, get your family to join and vote, grab a homeless person set them up with an account and a meal if they vote for British Armor ! 😉

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone... With this failing a second year in a row. Ive decided to not attempt a third year. If anyone wishes to take up the cause of British Armored I will support you and help if I can. Good luck to anyone choosing to start this up again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to BRITISH AFV’s through time, A two era build Defunct

Dennis,

It's a shame.

However, there are many possibilities. I was planning this for the Gulf War GB:

201204a Box and Decals

A scottish-ish Challenger 1.

The builds I had thought about for the British AFV build would fit in elsewhere: Africa (Sherman Mk.2, Alamein,) and Anything but injection (Zebrano Humber A/C Mk.4, Saigon 1945).

Alan 

• Like 1