BRITISH AFV’s through time, A two era build Defunct

Hello everyone so with the recent bunfight now over and my enthusiasm for the British AFV’s Group build waning. Mainly due to it being a hodge podge of changes and exceptions. Ive decided to withdraw it from next years bunfight and start over with this new build instead. 

We have had Multiple successful Single type Builds for Armor. The M3/M4 last year. The Panzer IV, Mk.VI Tiger, and Patton S.T. builds last year. Currently we have the T-34 running now & Panther Mk.V later this year. Let me ask you this question? Would there be any interest in a more inclusive Group Build. One made up of all British Armored Fighting Vehicles ? This would most likely be in 2021 or later so plenty of time to gather everything together.

Now according to Wikipedia Britain entered WW1 on August 4th 1914.

Germany, en route to a massive attack on France, invaded Belgium early on the morning of 4 August. The victims called upon Britain for military rescue under the 1839 treaty and in response, London gave Berlin an ultimatum which expired at 11pm London time, which was ignored. The king declared war on Germany that same evening August 4, 1914.”

The first era of the build will cover From August 4th 1914 to August 15th 1945 (VJ Day). The Second era starts on August 16th 1945 and goes to present day. Each era has countless types of vehicles and variants and progeny to offer up as options. 

What I’m proposing is a group build that will cover all British Armored Fighting Vehicles and Tanks. This would incorporate all British Armor designed & produced in the U.K.. And operated by any country from August 4th 1914 to the Present day. This of course would include both UK & Commonwealth units as well as foreign operators of the vehicles. Since the original build has gone through a few rewrites. As a result of this I've been asked to clarify the rules. To Clarify the restrictions or rules for what is allowed this is what is allowed. 

A.) The Vehicle of choice would need to be Designed or built in the U.K. Or Commonwealth. It also must have been operated By the British military, Commonwealth, or others post August 4th 1914 To clarify things. This includes Armored cars, AFV’s and Tanks procured, built, or used from WW1 to present day. If they were designed built procured or saw use after that date they are good to go. This group build does also include specialized vehicles that didn't originate as an Armored Vehicle originally. Which includes jeeps, lorries, MRAPS, and Technicals that have been field improvised with armor and or armament. Again if you or anyone else is interested but are not sure please contact me. I would be glad to research and give you an answer. Im always looking for input and help so please feel free to offer ideas and/or constructive criticism. I realize this might upset some of the original joiners of this group build. That isnt my intention and if you are no longer interested i understand. 

-Standard build rules apply such as the 25% rule.

If you are using individual track links talk to me as i consider those to be a kit in there own right. 

I will hold the same absolute here as I did with my Patton build. NO WHIF’S - there are so many  versions and sub-types of these that we dont need paper/imaginary tanks. 

I will consider working prototypes so long as they aren't paper projects. A paper project is just another form of whif to me.  please ask i will research and advise. 

= Since this is new I am in need of Two co-hosts. 

INTERESTED MEMBERS

1. Corsairfoxfouruncle (Host)

2. Mig Eater

3. Hewy

4. exdraken

5. Arniec

6. Plastix (co-host)

7. sampanzer

8. Andy Moore

9. DAG058

10. Robert Stuart (co-host)

11. CliffB

12. jb65rams

12a. Colin W

14. desert falcon

15. Ted

16. SleeperService

17. Scargsy

18. German Armour

19. bigfoot

20. Foxbat

21. fatfingers

22. coolhand

23. diablo rsv

24. John Masters

25. rob85

26. Bullbasket 

27. Rob S 

28.  Angus Tura

29. Marklo 

🏁30. klr

31. dnl42 

32. APA 

33. Jasper dog 

34. modelling minion 

35. diases 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Additions

Sign me up :) I had planned to build an FV4005 for the original GB, which I might still make next year. But there are still plenty of other British prototypes & oddities that I'd love to build.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Always happy to have you in a build Cliff. What scale are the Tankettes ? Your usual micro 1/100 or a more standard 1/72-1/76. 

Thanks Dennis.

They're 1/72 scale, but still pleasantly small!  Here's one I made earlier - a Bolivian Vickers Model E.

P1090437.jpg

I've got another Vickers (two-turret version), and a Carden-Lloyd tankette still to build.

Cheers

• Like 1