Grumman Hellcat STGB Chat

Col.

3 hours ago, Alan P said:

Please add me as a tentative joiner - it'll be the mighty Airfix Hellcat as an FAA NF.II.

Alan

With pleasure Alan. Personally I'm thinking that anyone taking on the 24th scale Hellcat can make maximum use of the 25% rule and get the cockpit, engine etc. sub-assemblies completed and in place before the GB begins.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Col. said:

With pleasure Alan. Personally I'm thinking that anyone taking on the 24th scale Hellcat can make maximum use of the 25% rule and get the cockpit, engine etc. sub-assemblies completed and in place before the GB begins.

Thinking smart as usual! 👍

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Can I pick peoples brains please, I have found 3 x 1/72 Hellcats in the stash all with the canopies missing, now I'm not paranoid but 3 out 3 is ridiculous even by my standards !

I can't seem to find a source of replacements except the falcon set that only has 2 and seems a bit over the top with all the other ones in the set which I don't need.

Am I missing a trick here ?

Has anyone ever moulded their own ?

I really don't want to buy another kit, as the stash is of a size that reincarnation will be required to finish them as it is !

Cheers Pat

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Can I pick peoples brains please, I have found 3 x 1/72 Hellcats in the stash all with the canopies missing, now I'm not paranoid but 3 out 3 is ridiculous even by my standards !

I can't seem to find a source of replacements except the falcon set that only has 2 and seems a bit over the top with all the other ones in the set which I don't need.

I really don't want to buy another kit, as the stash is of a size that reincarnation will be required to finish them as it is !

Cheers Pat

I've just looked on Scalemates, none of my completed Hellcats would have had spare canopy parts for open.

My Hasegawa Hellcat was given to me without kit canopy parts - BUT with replacement vac canopies by Squadron. 

The pack contains two - so if no other solutions appear, we could use one each. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks Patrice and Dennis but due to the ancient nature of them Frog and Italeri respectively that wont be an option, unless Revell now cover the italeri range ?

Good afternoon Pat

Italeri has a Customer Service you can contact them for spare parts  https://www.italeri.com/en/contacts

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2021 at 6:38 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Cheers Pat

I had forgotten this build was happening. I had bought the Eduard Dual Combo kit ( 2x Hellcat Mk1 or Mk2) to do with my son while he was staying with me.

We've both finished our Hellcats ( photo later maybe ) and the long and the short of it is.....

The kit came with 4 canopies, 2 mk1, 2 mk2. I have 1 spare mk1 and 1 spare mk2. Do you want them?

y4mia0o5CDxTQ3ofTbY59HLfeVnubFo0Sb9ll00E

They are free to a good home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello Chaps

I've just started a build log...

however, I've not actually started the build, its an Eduard dual combo kit and both kits are still in their unopened plastic bags, would I be able to join the build when it starts?

I'll happily put the box back in the cupboard and get another kit from the stash while we wait for the GB to start

rgds

John(shortCummins)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 6:04 PM, shortCummins said:

Hello Chaps

I've just started a build log...

however, I've not actually started the build, its an Eduard dual combo kit and both kits are still in their unopened plastic bags, would I be able to join the build when it starts?

I'll happily put the box back in the cupboard and get another kit from the stash while we wait for the GB to start

rgds

John(shortCummins)

Hello John. Yes, of course, you'll be most welcome to join us :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, djktrumpet said:

Can I join in, please?

I've just hauled my Eduard 1/48 F6F-3out of the stash and have been ogling all those lovely olive green sprues...

Cheers,

David

Yes, of course, you are most welcome David :) 

Now, the question is, can you resist the temptation to start the kit before the GB or will you be buying another? :lol:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Col. said:

Yes, of course, you are most welcome David :) 

Now, the question is, can you resist the temptation to start the kit before the GB or will you be buying another? :lol:

No, I'll be good... 😀

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2021 at 9:22 AM, shortCummins said:

I've put together a group build banner for your consideration...

51211447087_b22927d944_w.jpg

...until an "official" one is made available 

That looks official enough to me :thumbsup:

here's the link...

[@url=https://flic.kr/p/2m2o43g][@img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51211447087_b22927d944_w.jpg[/img]

you'll need to remove the @ from both @url & @img, I added then so that the link could be displayed, removing them you should get this...

51211447087_b22927d944_w.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the previous Hellcat STGB I built an aircraft from every country which operated the Hellcat with the sad exception of France.    The time has come to rectify that omission.  :thumbsup: 

I'm also considering some minor Hellcat versions:  F6F-3E, F6F-5N, F6F-5P,  There's also a distinct possibility of another F6F-5K drone.

And I really want to do one with folded wings.

Of course, there is always the 1/24 Airfix beauty calling to me from The Stash.  But within the confines of an STGB, that would be insane! :mental: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I'm also considering some minor Hellcat versions:  F6F-3E, F6F-5N, F6F-5P,  There's also a distinct possibility of another F6F-5K drone.

I was planning on a R.N. And drone myself. Id love to do an Uruguayan Navy plane but don't have the decals yet. 

• Like 1