Grumman Hellcat STGB Chat

Col.

37 minutes ago, Col. said:

Okay lads, added you both to the list, that makes 21 of us now :) 

Good morning Patrice.

This is a great idea and while I'd be happy to combine the two into one that then may contravene forum rules on what makes it a STGB. We really should ask @Enzo Matrix for his judgement on the matter.

Good Morning Col

What would you think of turning this STGB into a Grumman GB ?

Patrice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 7:14 AM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good Morning Col

What would you think of turning this STGB into a Grumman GB ?

Patrice

Good afternoon. Perhaps this is the way forward Patrice :hmmm:

On 7/31/2020 at 9:01 AM, rafalbert said:

And because I can't help myself, count me in.

Dave

On 8/14/2020 at 9:57 AM, theplasticsurgeon said:

The Hellcat from this como set has just arrived in my stash - I'm in.

Hasegawa-Hellcat.jpg

With several aftermarket bits included.

Welcome aboard @rafalbert and @theplasticsurgeon, good to have you both interested in this one :) 

On 8/15/2020 at 9:47 AM, Erwin said:

I have this one...

102705-10149-pristine.jpg

Another large one Erwin and a nice kit from what I've read :) 

• Like 2

I could see turning this into a Grumman GB as a last resort...but I think we'll actually have an easier time getting these in as a STGB.  Getting into a voting GB means getting into some stiff competition for a campaign slot.  But if there aren't enough people that want to do Hellcats, then there aren't enough people to do Hellcats.

• Like 1

count me in for this one. My record of starting and finishing a model in a GB is terrible, but I will give it a try. I have got some in 1/72, 1/48, 1/32 Scale.

Cheers,

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Arniec said:

count me in for this one. My record of starting and finishing a model in a GB is terrible, but I will give it a try. I have got some in 1/72, 1/48, 1/32 Scale.

Cheers,

Perhaps you need more practice Arnold ;) 

6 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Sorry I got too excited and built mine last week.

Can I have another?

spacer.png

Yes of course you can :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Well as I built a Frog FAA Wildcat recently it seems only right and fitting that I now build the Frog FAA Hellcat to go with it, count me in.

cheers Pat 

Oh hello Pat, thought I added your name ages ago, where have you been hiding? :lol: 

That takes us up to the 25 willing participants quota and, as Patrice notes, a place in the future STGB calendar :) Oh Enzo...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Col. said:

Gang, Enzo the Great has spoken, we have officially been placed on the GB calendar :D

Who is this Enzo the Great?  And why is he speaking about groupbuilds?   I thought that was my job...   :shrug: 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Who is this Enzo the Great?  And why is he speaking about groupbuilds?   I thought that was my job...   :shrug: 

One of your other personalities, nothing to worry about, have this little white sweetie and a nice drink of water...

• 2 months later...

First the good news, found the kit and decals, bad news no clear parts as of yet !

Well, where would the challenge be if my GB was to start without a few entirely predictable problems :giggle:

Good luck everyone 

Cheers Pat 

• Haha 1

Well I decided to cut back the number of kit's for next year with a move into mainly 1/32 with more time spent on less build's,this will

mean less GB entry's but this one is a dead cert so before the kick off I'll shop around for Trumpeters kit but  it will be in FAA colours.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Well I decided to cut back the number of kit's for next year with a move into mainly 1/32 with more time spent on less build's,this will

mean less GB entry's but this one is a dead cert so before the kick off I'll shop around for Trumpeters kit but  it will be in FAA colours.

Anything in FAA colours always gets my vote Steve :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...