Grumman Hellcat STGB Chat

Col.

23 hours ago, Col. said:

Sure I'm not the only one who's delighted to know you're able to get back on the GB scene soon Wez :yahoo:

Quite right too :D 

Good evening Patrice, with pleasure, have you a particular pilot in mind for this one?

:lol: I've added you to the list but no pressure to commit as we all know only too well how life can intervene.

Good evening Col

Thank you for adding my name to the list but I don't know yet which aircraft I will represent ( I have already built a Dash 5 in french  markings ..) in fact right know I have  not yet decided  what I will build fot the forthcoming Mustang STGB  .

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Col

Thank you for adding my name to the list but I don't know yet which aircraft I will represent ( I have already built a Dash 5 in french  markings ..) in fact right know I have  not yet decided  what I will build fot the forthcoming Mustang STGB  .

All the best

Patrice

No problem Patrice as we have plenty time to decide yet :) 

14 minutes ago, almac said:

I’m in for this one too. I’ve got a few Eduard 1/72 Hellcats to chose from. 

Cheers Allan

Ecxellent, got your name on the list Allan :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angus Tura said:

Please put me down for this, Col.

?Drem, Naval Nightfighter School.

?Bikini Atoll Drone

Alan

With pleasure Alan :) A couple of cool options there :thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

Please add me to the list for this one Col. I have a Hasegawa 1/48 :winkgrin: Hellcat I can enter.

Of course John :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Right you lot, it's gone a bit quiet in here, who's up for joining in the fun?

There's plenty kits to choose from in a wide variety of scales and some cool schemes you can paint them. Fancy a simple and quick project? Then grab the 1/700 scale Trumpeter six-pack. Want to get stuck into the Airfix 24th scale superkit? Go for it! Be mindfull of the 25% rule that I personally interpret on aircraft kits to mean the fuselage halves are closed but no other parts attached so that includes all the engine and cockpit details done ;) There are of course kits in every other popular scale with plenty aftermarket decals and details to taste.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 2:19 PM, Lee Howard said:

Can't help, I'm afraid. Code (if indeed one was worn - not always the case!) not yet known.

So no code or any others out-with the known list could be correct?

7 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Sign me up Col., I still have five 1/72 Eduard kits in the stash somehow.

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I'd like to have a go at this. It might only be a Hobby Boss easy kit but at least it would be something.

Steve.

4 hours ago, Beazer said:

I have 4 remaining so sure why not finish another hellcat.

Delighted to have you all along for the party gents :D 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This one has stalled again so here's a reminder for anyone who's missed or forgotten about it. 11 more names gets us a place on the calendar for a get together building a machine that has a great variety of operators and colour-schemes in its considerable history.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/22/2020 at 9:19 PM, Steve 1602 said:

I’d be up for joining in with this one. I’ve no idea of scale or scheme at this stage but am definitely up for giving a Hellcat a go!

On 7/28/2020 at 1:18 PM, Tim R-T-C said:

I've just picked up the Eduard bagging of the Platz Super44 release so I'd be game.

I'd also be in for a Navy cat double bill with some Wildcats in the stash too 😁

Okay lads, added you both to the list, that makes 21 of us now :) 

On 7/28/2020 at 12:19 PM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hello Col 

I wonder if we would reach the necessary number by joining this Gb with the Grumman F4F Wildcat / Martlet STGb  https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235072170-grumman-f4f-and-fm-wildcat-marlet-stgb/ ?

Patrice

Good morning Patrice.

This is a great idea and while I'd be happy to combine the two into one that then may contravene forum rules on what makes it a STGB. We really should ask @Enzo Matrix for his judgement on the matter.