112sqn Tomahawk and Mustang

twp1

A long while ago I made the 1:72 Airfix Mustang IV of 112sqn. I completed it as the kit said and subsequently found out the the Mustang's flown by 112sqn had different roundels on the upper wing and were painted in the 'fireswall' camouflage scheme which instantly made me dislike the kit.  I was then given a Tamyia 1:72 Mustang that I completed as Petie 2nd and as the kit also had decals for E2*S i stripped back the 112sqn kit and completed it in this scheme instead.

I had got bogged down with a Hasegawa 1:72 EA-18G Growler so decided to get a couple of supermarket specials. I picked up the Airfix 1:72 Tomahawk llB and the Airfix P-51 Mustang. As I had the decals in the spares box for the RAF Mustang IV I decided to complete them both in 112sqn colours, this time with the correct rounds and camouflage on the Mustang. 

They were completed OOB using the paint supplied and were a nice quick distraction from the Growler. 

Anyway,  onto the kits

Tomahawk IIB, P.O Neville Duke. Libya 1941

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Mustang IV, Lt Blanchford. Italy 1945

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Thanks for looking 

• Like 14

very nice pair! I love the sense of continuity between these two models.

Well done!

JR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1