Land Rover Series III 109

Andy350

Hi Andy,

I see that you have progressed a lot with this kit, I am not able to start with another one until I finish what I have in the workbench, but it is a good way to give time to the 1st so that everything goes well ...

Cheers Andy 👍

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Andy,

I see that you have progressed a lot with this kit, I am not able to start with another one until I finish what I have in the workbench, but it is a good way to give time to the 1st so that everything goes well ...

Cheers Andy 👍

Cheers mate, I took the advice and worked on something else, good way of giving other builds time to dry/cure.  This kit is alright, quite like going from more involved kits to ones like this.  I do have to endure the usual revell paint mixing though! 😆

33 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Looks nice. I guess the colors will later be lighter, as in the drawing of the box? ...

Cheers Andy 👍

It does look a bit too dark, went over again.  Trying to mix 80% + 20% and then 80% + 10% + 10% for the two colours was a challenge. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Andy350 said:

It does look a bit too dark, went over again.  Trying to mix 80% + 20% and then 80% + 10% + 10% for the two colours was a challenge. 

I know what it is that the color tone is not to my liking, I really envy the masters of painting in modeling ...
If you think it is too dark, maybe then you can lighten it with a thin (little paint + lighter) layer of airbrush dust ... try before on another model or piece of plastic ...
Cheers

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

I know what it is that the color tone is not to my liking, I really envy the masters of painting in modeling ...
If you think it is too dark, maybe then you can lighten it with a thin (little paint + lighter) layer of airbrush dust ... try before on another model or piece of plastic ...
Cheers

Yep will do, by the the time it's lacquered its going to be a lot darker. Cheers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Andy,
It doesn't look too bad, with some weathering, it looks like the box.
You are not the only one who has sloppiness ...:doh:
I guess you can remove a piece without causing much damage to the kit ...

Cheers Andy 👍

Thanks Francis, that was weathered a bit already 🤣🤣🤣  Not really too sure how they were weathered, not many online.

New one on me, never seen pink and sand on one before.

To blend it all together and lighten try a little Tamiya buff, very diluted so it almost acts as a translucent filter, will also give it a slight dusty weathered finish. 

Before applying to your wip experiment on a bit of scrap first!!

Great work.

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

The registration plates issued with the kit are not the correct sequence for an army vehicle!  The registration plates relate to a restricted series solely reserved for the Royal Navy...…..other than that, that's a nice clean build 

• Thanks 1