USS Hornet CV-8

Rick Tsujimura

I recently  purchased a Shapeways 1/144 3D printed CV-8 island.  I am now looking for  railings and other fittings. Any comments/suggestions/directions appreciated.  I haven't been modeling for a while, and I am not a ship builder/modeler.  My intent is to build a decent replica of the Hornet's island for a 1942 diorama including Doolittle B-25s   Just the flight deck, and the scene around it.  I already own a 1/144 wood deck which I had laser-cut a decade ago.  I am hoping I can do a visually pleasing, accurate as can be, diorama.  Got a tentative order of 1/144 carrier crews/sailors, as well.  Thanks for any suggestions and leads.

y4mGlyrddAJ9UqkJfcTek-2VX8QFY-woXnQArhod

I also acquired radar fittings, railings, portholes, and doors from Toms Modelworks; and ordered directors which fit on the structures on the back and front of the superstructure from the printer, Model Monkey.  Waiting on books on Hornet CV8 so I can determine size of the searchlights on the port/starboard sides.  Not sure what else I need to obtain so any advice welcome.

Edited by Rick Tsujimura
added picture