Nina/Santa Clara

Martian

19 hours ago, Murdo said:

Drat! Just found this. 

Seems like an awful lot of work but looking good!!!

And congrats on the show wins!          :clap2:

Thanks Murdo. Although I am far from giving up on the kit, it has been wearing me down somewhat.

17 hours ago, PF Naughton said:

Hi,

Don't forget the sign for the side of the ship :P

spacer.png

An excellent plan except for one small point. This would work well as a diorama and the "Usual Suspects" can confirm that I am daft enough to do this. However, such a diorama would involve the building of the Heller Pinta and even I have not reached that level of insanity yet.

Martian👽

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

An excellent plan except for one small point. This would work well as a diorama and the "Usual Suspects" can confirm that I am daft enough to do this. However, such a diorama would involve the building of the Heller Pinta and even I have not reached that level of insanity yet.

Are you quite sure about your insanity levels there Martian  :whistle:

This would make a rather good diorama  :idea:

beefy

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

Are you quite sure about your insanity levels there Martian  :whistle:

This would make a rather good diorama  :idea:

beefy

Not if it involved making a second kit from hell in a row it wouldn't!

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Courageous said:

with seagulls...

Stuart

The seagulls go without saying, in fact I might put the odd one on the model anyway. We wouldn't want to upset @longshanks would we? 

Sensitive of Mars 👽

• Haha 4

Is it OK if  I is completely at sea here

Mizzing things and topsail stuff and the like is not my natural habitat as ye know but to steal a nautical epithet or one I like the cut of its rig

Or is it jig?

or...

Anyway wow Martian, this is another for Telford I assume

(I can be the donkey if you like...)

W O W

Very interesting

• Like 1

4 hours ago, perdu said:

Is it OK if  I is completely at sea here

Mizzing things and topsail stuff and the like is not my natural habitat as ye know but to steal a nautical epithet or one I like the cut of its rig

Or is it jig?

or...

Anyway wow Martian, this is another for Telford I assume

(I can be the donkey if you like...)

W O W

Very interesting

Thanks Bill. I will probably take her to Telford if she turns out good enough, although I haven't really though much about this year's show yet/

39 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

That's debatable, don't sell yourself short. 🤪 Oh, and gidday! Regards, Jeff.

Fair comment but I'm still not building the Heller Pinta!

Martian 👽

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

I was blithely unaware of your wins at Telford Martian.

Please accept my horribly late congratulations. 👏

This is shaping up just as nicely!

Thanks Tony. Progress on the ship and the Triebflugel has been a bit slow recently as I have had to spend a lot of time in Oxford trying to sort out an ailing Father.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Tony. Progress on the ship and the Triebflugel has been a bit slow recently as I have had to spend a lot of time in Oxford trying to sort out an ailing Father.

Martian 👽

Am sorry to hear that Martian. This can be a hard time of the year for older folk.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

I haven't done anything on this build for some time now purely because the kit was really grinding me down to the point that I was losing interest in modelling full stop.. It is inaccurate, poorly fitting, low on detail and every part needs to be modified or replaced with a acratch built item. In addition, the rig is completely wrong and as we have already seen a new foremast and a new bowsprit have needed to be built from scratch. I decided to put it away until I felt like having another bash at it.

However, I was making some eyelets for one of my Canberra models to day and decided that now was as good a time as any to get this restarted as the eyebolts needed for the deck were the straws that broke this particular Space Camel's back.

So, not over much to say other than the relevant eyebolts were made from Little Cars' detailing wire, looped round a suitably sized drill bit and tightened in a pinvice. Holes were drilled in the appropriate places in the deck and the eyebolts glued into place with CA.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

024.jpg

025.jpg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Murdo said:

Sometimes it's just better to put on the shelf for a while till the mojo returns.

It usually will, it's just the day, week, month, year that changes. 

Very true, I'm going to plod on with this whenever I have a few minutes spare here and there, its just not a kit suited to full on modelling.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

Gidday Martian, it's good to see you back in the shipyard. And yes, sometimes a break is called for. My model of HMAS Perth II sat unfinished in it's box for about 30 years (Earth years, not Martian) so by comparison your down time is nothing more than a coffee break, or whatever it is you drink on your planet.

Regards, 

Welcoming of Earth 🙂

• Like 1

I must have missed the start of this one at the back end of last year. It's just popped up on my radar ....... must get it serviced.

What a splendid maritime build this is, and at 1/75 it's close enough to the one true scale to count (takes cover in readiness for some dispute on true scale).

Carry on Columbus Martian!

Terry

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Martian, it's good to see you back in the shipyard. And yes, sometimes a break is called for. My model of HMAS Perth II sat unfinished in it's box for about 30 years (Earth years, not Martian) so by comparison your down time is nothing more than a coffee break, or whatever it is you drink on your planet.

Regards, 

Welcoming of Earth 🙂

Thanks Welcoming of Earth, I shan't worry overmuch about down time ever again.

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

I must have missed the start of this one at the back end of last year. It's just popped up on my radar ....... must get it serviced.

What a splendid maritime build this is, and at 1/75 it's close enough to the one true scale to count (takes cover in readiness for some dispute on true scale).

Carry on Columbus Martian!

Terry

Martian 👽

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Thanks Terry and what a good title for the next Carry On film. All we need now is a suitably silly plot, which I am sure the denizens of Britmodeller can supply.

• 2 weeks later...

Inaccurate poorly detail and ill fitting, Martin I thought the kit was Italeri and not Heller. Heller, French for Italeri! Ha,ha,ha...

I have to admit, I have only built one ship since I came back to modelling and that was the Airfix Amazon class frigate, kit as HMS Antelope, which my bros in law was the navigator on. Then only as the kit came with a minuscule Lynx helo, so why wouldn't I?

Interesting build Martin.

Colin

• Thanks 1