Sir! The paint guy is a spy! Captured Spitfire Mk.IXc

Nice work, i must say that spit looks particularly eyecatching with that Yellow cowl!👍

As you seem quite keen on your spits and special colour schemes, Ever thought about doing a spitfire-biplane? make some little makeshift struts, hang a pair of wings over the top of the canopy? im just curious to see what such a monstrosity would end up looking like? a Streamlined Gladiator?  or a spit that fell in the spare parts draw! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

Nice work, i must say that spit looks particularly eyecatching with that Yellow cowl!👍

As you seem quite keen on your spits and special colour schemes, Ever thought about doing a spitfire-biplane? make some little makeshift struts, hang a pair of wings over the top of the canopy? im just curious to see what such a monstrosity would end up looking like? a Streamlined Gladiator?  or a spit that fell in the spare parts draw! 

Don't tempt me! 

Seriously though, that's a great idea! Perhaps one day.... I was actually thinking of doing that to a Hurricane add I believe that was a real idea that was floated around briefly but never built. 

Thank you anyway, I agree with the comment on the cowling, very eye-catching indeed alongside my more conventionally painted Spitfires. 

The elliptical wing is of course a German design originally, so it only makes sense that I would paint at least one like this... 

On 12/3/2019 at 11:19 AM, Adam Poultney said:

I was actually thinking of doing that to a Hurricane add I believe that was a real idea that was floated around briefly but never built. 

Not quite!

TenStories43.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wm Blecky said:

Very nice.  Just a touch heavy on the paint chipping on the upper wings and fuselage, IMHO.

Thank you. Fair opinion, all comes down to taste. I like my models to look like they've seen a fair bit of use. The chipping isn't my best, I did do it in about 25 minutes....

5 hours ago, kapam said:

That looks surprisingly good on a Spit!

Very imaginative. :clap:

Haha that's why I did it :) German colours on a British aircraft with a German wing design, it had to look good

On 03/12/2019 at 19:36, dbay133 said:

Wow.  The Spit really looks menacing in that colour scheme with the big balkenkreuz on the side.  Excellent paint job and weathering.

Graeme

Thanks, I think menacing is the best way I've seen to describe this model