YF-22 Italeri 1/72

djos

Hi all

moved from the stash to display case finally, after many years in box.

Will not take lot of your time explaining the model, classic old italeri, quite good fit, not many details, and in overall a nice model.

I always liked more this prototype version with big crazy looking tails and sharp edges, which somehow disappeared on production model. 

Colors Italery acrylics, minimal weathering, i cut some surfaces on the wing to make it more interesting....and that is all.

Images....and best regards

YF22-1.jpg

YF22-3.jpg

YF22-2.jpg

YF22-4.jpg

YF22-5.jpg

YF22-6.jpg

• Like 28

Wow! Looks very very good! I love the look of this aircraft, one of the few good looking fifth gen fighters, along with that Chinese one (J20?) that is a stunning aircraft. And I have a particular soft spot for prototypes and early variants of pretty much any aircraft.

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, br60066 said:

yf-23 but the italeri kit is like hens teeth. 🙂

Hmm. I have that lying around somewhere... needs some nose weight, sounds like a plan.:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent model. Crisp and clean built! Just my opinion is that production Raptor is still more proportionate than the YF-22 with huge tail surfaces. But despite that the F-22 of any model is the best looking gen5 fighter indeed. But tastes are different...

• Thanks 1

I have just spent some time looking for photos of this & a production item, I'm amazed at how much but also how little the change to production has been, quite subtle in its way.

Definitely a version worth having & you've done it really well Djordje. :) 

Steve.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...