1/48 Pusser's Variable Noise Machine....

Devo

G'day All,

This is the old ESCI Kit #4077 of the Macchi.

Its OOB with the exception of the crew figures(Hasegawa) and the Decals(Hawkeye Models Australia) and big tip tanks from OzMods. Brush painted with Humbrol enamels. I thought it would be an easy scheme to do......I was wrong.

It represents an R.A.N. Macchi with 724 Sqn, HMAS Albatross, back in the day. I know the pic's are rubbish but I'm sure you will get the gist of it. :whistle:

Cheers,
Devo

N2Gx6h.jpg

vaJ8Dm.jpg

pLnUmY.jpg

Edited by Devo
  • Like 27

Always good to see an ESCI MB326. This is probably my favourite kit, in spite of its basic cockpit and inaccurate seats. It's just a shame that only the single-seater MB326K boxings included the larger tip tanks (AFAIK), as some of two-seater kit options require them. 

Jon

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jonners said:

Always good to see an ESCI MB326. This is probably my favourite kit, in spite of its basic cockpit and inaccurate seats. It's just a shame that only the single-seater MB326K boxings included the larger tip tanks (AFAIK), as some of two-seater kit options require them. 

Jon

Thanks!

I couldn't believe how good the kit is for its age. Absolutely no filler used, it fits together fantastic, no trenches for panel lines. The white plastic was a bit weird, only because I have never built an aircraft model with white plastic sprues before. I have an orange version, which I will do as an RAAF aircraft...….just need to get the bigger tip tanks.

Great job on that kit!  Makes me want to pull mine out of the stash and start it but I just can't decide on what markings to do it in. 

Love your choice of paint scheme.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2019 at 1:23 PM, Todders said:

Great job on that kit!  Makes me want to pull mine out of the stash and start it but I just can't decide on what markings to do it in. 

Love your choice of paint scheme.

Thanks! Some of RAAF Macchi's had nice looking schemes on them.