This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Cooper645

Italeri - Renault 5 Alpine 1/24

What colour scheme  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which colour scheme?

• Box art Blue
    • Box art Black
    • Graphite with body colour bumpers
    • Graphite with black bumpers
    • Purple / Green Chameleon flip
    • Other - Please enter other suggestion as a comment

Been away for a while, my last build was of the hasegawa 328 GTB which was entered into the "In the year I was born GB". 

Since I completed that, work went nuts and the shed has been uninhabited for a couple of months. I am pleased to report however that work has very much calmed down and my evenings can be spent modelling instead.

This doesn't look like a particularly taxing kit, there are some pin marks to deal with but nothing too sinister. It should be a nice simple little build. I don't intend to do much extra to this one, maybe the odd bit of wiring to add an element to the engine.

As for a colour scheme, I am yet undecided.  I am unsure as to keep it close to original colours or expand my choice by doing it restored. I thought about doing a rust bucket, but reckon I'll leave that until I have enough parts for a kit bash. Currently edging towards a graphite possibly with colour matched bumpers, but still open to say a chameleon purple/green flip with black plastic trim.

All suggestions for colour scheme thoroughly welcomed!

Link to the Shared Album

So in all its glory, this plain little cars box art

MfYqLTrRDaiKrnsWjpVAtpBWtesK0Zh46CyHFouW

And the first lot of parts removed from the sprue and also in a coat of primer. 

blA3y1vpFN_NI9PvSfC9ZjyD01_1dg2iMsNztu0E

a45UaUsQGCKnYmYVCmhfpgbWhtTnxBoGWXvY5RTR

Thanks for taking the time to look in and feel free to comment.

Coops

Edited by Cooper645
Updated photo links - Again (hopefully)

As an Alpine, it is entitled to wear Alpine blue, and I reckon that anything darker would merge too much with all the black plastic trim.  When I build mine, it will definately be Alpine blue - I am just hoping that the specially mixed spray can I have is still ok, but it is over 20 years old...

If anyone is having problems either the images I will try and address the problem tomorrow 

Indeed, no images Coops, and glad to have you back! I thought it was awfully quiet from your end.

Thanks @JeroenS its good to be back.

The work is a little slow on this one as i have another build in progress for my Borthers christmas gift.

The Tamiya TS-19 is on order and the body will be getting sprayed when it arrives, the bumpers have been blacked, leaving the ligth lenses etc stil to do on those parts.

The engine parts have been receiving paint, any are coming along well.  I will update that when it is the finished article.

The interior is slowly progressing, i am going to do a two tone interior, with grey black cloth seats, and Anthricite flocking on the floor.

The wheels also needed some attention, they looked in need of a little extra detailing from stock.

Below are the three images: Start state, Drilled and then painted.

ewFdptKavAY0RAIWm_F4Q_w1iSrLmKgcE93RtoUH

8o1b94ZOMSfnhv87k9WFM5rekOea4VfvXGTRgtL0

SXQMa03aTQ_IIJBbvMK9pxUveOqQeTgi3wJ0FfQp

Thanks for looking,

Coops

Edited by Cooper645

@CrazyCrank Thanks for letting me know, I will try and figure the pictures out, they display fine on the MacBook. Google is the site I have always used to host with no problems in the past.  Will look into it.

Edit: Hopefully fixed, the album wasn't set up as a shared album, where as all previous albums were!

Coops

Edited by Cooper645
AGoogle album converted and link in post #1

Good improvement of the wheels, and yes we have pictures!

32 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

Good looking wheels? I'll keep in mind that they should be drilled

Marco F

I drilled and then used a pin file to square the round hole.  I could have painted the squares black, but it was only an extra little effort that will make a difference I hope. 

@MR2Don I have the alpine blue on order, there was overwhelming support for it on the poll. Interestingly the other model I’m doing for my brother is an MR2 

Small update:

Tonight the interior received a bit of flocking, results will be reviewed when the white glue has dried completely.

Also got going on creating a dizzy, as the HT leads will need somewhere to go, and this is where it is located on the engine according to reference photos.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers for dropping by,

Coops

Tonights update

Got the Dizzy all finished and wired in (need to black up the ends and centre lead still)

spacer.png

Managed to get the seats masked ready for the outer colour, and i mocked the rears up to help ofset the flocked carpet.

spacer.png

And the Tamiya TS-19 arrived so the shell got 3 coats through the evening.  Need to let it harden off, polish and then assess the requirement for a lacquer or not

spacer.png

As always, thanks for looking and comments all welcomed.

Coops