I can't find the thread I started

Wez

For some reason when looking in the content I started or content I posted in, there's no sign of my French Fancy 2 thread, why not?

I can find it in the forum and by searching through my notifications but otherwise it seems to have disappeared from my activity threads.

Edited by Wez

8 minutes ago, Julien said:

This thread?

That's the one, it wasn't showing in either threads I'd started or posted in.

9 hours ago, Julien said:

I just used the site search function

That truly is amazing. I've never been able to find anything using this sites search function, I always have to resort to Google.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

For me, it wasn't that I couldn't find it by searching, it was a case of of it not showing in my activity in either content I started or content I posted in, it was like it didn't exist, most bizarre and puzzling.

It's all carrying on as if it was normal now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gorby said:

That truly is amazing. I've never been able to find anything using this sites search function, I always have to resort to Google.

Shocked me too 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gorby said:

I've found that you have to be a bit sneaky with the search function on the site, and pick a word with at least 4 letters (no minus signs - ) that is most likely to pull the the answer you're looking for.  Also make sure you narrow your search by filling in the radio buttons that drop down when you search.  I usually choose an appropriate "this forum", "this topic" or whatever, and use the "All search terms" option to avoid spurious results from including the word "the" or something else that's common.  Failing that the Google option is a good one:

"The B-29 Big Bottomed Girl" site:britmodeller.com

It's a good search tool, and is useful to search any site, just by changing the domain name accordingly :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Tramatoa said:

One of mine disappeared off the face of the earth today, very curious. 

Firstly, think back to whether it broke any rules. If that's not likely, go to your profile and click Find Content or whatever the button is called. That will show all your recent posts in chronological order :)

• Like 1